Snowflake Computing announced Tuesday that its cloud-based data warehouse service is available to all users.
IBM will roll out a cloud computing service next quarter using OpenPower-based servers, continuing an effort to expand the market for Power processors and challenge Intel in hyperscale data centers.
Japan's NTT Group is buying a majority stake in Germany's biggest provider of datacentre services, the latest sign of convergence in a competitive European market.
High-profile French media websites went offline for a few hours Friday morning, prompting frenzied speculation about "unprecedented" cyberattacks -- but the hosting company behind the sites soon dismissed talk of a massive distributed denial-of-servi...
Hewlett-Packard wants to make BYOD easier for small businesses through a new cloud-based service to manage and protect mobile devices and PCs.
Hoping to jump out in front of providers of generic cloud services, IBM has launched a portfolio of cloud packages, called IBM Cloud Business Solutions, designed to run specific business processes such as asset management and customer care.
Modern business applications need a social network at their core and should be so easy to use that even a CEO can figure them out.
Yahoo, in its crusade to reinvent itself, is adding another item to the agenda: revamping its small-business Web hosting unit.
Microsoft will offer discounts on its Azure cloud service next month as part of a cloud computing push that also includes new releases of its Windows Server and Systems Center software.
Lenovo will open its Reach consumer Cloud service beta to anyone who wants to sign up later this quarter in North America, which could boost the Chinese company's hardware sales by tying that portfolio to the cloud service.
Despite the promise of portability from service providers, the reality of the Cloud for big customers is a similar type of lock-in as they experience with on-premise apps vendors such as Oracle and SAP, two CIOs said Tuesday.
Distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks that could be related have in the past few days slammed the DNS servers of at least three providers of domain name management and DNS hosting services.
Microsoft will boost its Azure cloud offering in Japan, adding two domestic data centers to speed response times and improve reliability in the face of natural disasters.
SearchYourCloud, which provides a single search interface to find documents stored on a desktop or several cloud-based services, expanded on Tuesday to include Box.
Microsoft's Surface Pro tablet will go on sale in Europe in the second quarter priced somewhere around €899, while a local telco is now reselling the latest editions of its Office 365 hosted productivity suite, the company announced ahead of the Cebi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC