Sharp has approved an offer from Hon Hai Precision Industry and related companies to acquire over 66 per cent of the company’s voting stock, making the Taiwanese contract manufacturer the new parent of the venerable Japanese firm.
Hon Hai Precision Industry
A deal that would have made electronics giant Foxconn a major shareholder in Japan display maker Sharp has fallen apart, though the companies remain close partners in the complex global electronics supply chain.
A watch that doubles as a computer and two-way radio has been a technology vision since at least the 1950s. But if recent reports that Apple's interested in an 'iWatch' are true, would such a device sell?
Here's the latest roundup of Apple iPhone 5 rumors and speculation. The basic idea: It will be better than iPhone 4.
The expected launch of both the next iPhone and iPad may be delayed by two to three months, according to technology analysts at investments firms. Apple is still sorting out supply chain issues for iPhone 5, says one, and the iPad 2 has run into "pro...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- 60 turns with Civilization VI: 3 key tweaks will change how you conquer the world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA