We’ve tested most of the TVs on the market recently and were keen to see how an “affordable” Home Theatre projector compared in day to day usage. Would it really be a viable TV-alternative for an Aussie home? Or does it only operate optimally in a ci...
Last month, LG announced the launch of its Laser Display, a short throw DLP display that projects 100in of full HD video onto a specially designed screen. While it's very much a niche product given its $8999 price tag, we were still keen to see what ...
With Christmas just around the corner, many stores are beginning to slash the prices of their home entertainment products from brands like Samsung, LG, Pioneer, Sharp and Sony. If you're looking for a new HD TV, Blu-ray player, home entertainment sys...
Bowers & Wilkins have long been considered one of the premier makers of audio speakers in the world. When it comes to home cinema, iPod docks and hi-fi solutions, Bowers & Wilkins are indeed the cream of the crop in speakers. Founder, John Bowers gav...
For some people, watching the 2010 FIFA World Cup on an LCD or plasma television won't be enough. If you've got a dozen mates around to watch the game, perhaps you should opt for a home theatre projector that can create a massive 300in image with raz...
Check out some cheap TVs, a great notebook and more!
There is an abundance of media players on the market — including the WD TV and ScreenPlay HD — that allow you to play downloaded files as well as other media on your television either locally or over a network. Some products, like Syabas ...
Choosing a suitable set of high quality speakers doesn't have to be a difficult process. Sure, there are plenty of choices on the market but by working out what you will use the speakers for -- and where you are going to be using them -- you will be ...
The second part of our DIY home theatre series covers the selection of an A/V receiver, which powers your speakers and allows you to connect multiple audio and video devices simultaneously.
We take apart a home theatre system to see what pushes the sound.
Of all the components in your home theatre system, the speakers are arguably the most important. They take the electrical pulses from your amplifier and convert them into thrilling highs, rich mid-range and stunning lows.
If you're looking to brighten someone's Christmas day with some home entertainment hardware, you've got a vast range of options.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Telco (Sydney CBD)NSW
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectSA
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- FTEnvironment/ Oracle/ Active Directory Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Defence - NV1SA
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- CCProject Manager / Scrum Master - Leading organisation - ParramattaNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA