It's been a good year for headphones, with a huge range of innovations and interesting technologies released to the market. We've picked our favourite five pairs of the year.
Both manufacturers and vendors of televisions can agree on one thing: if you're in the market, now is the right time to buy an LCD or plasma television. It won't last forever, either — despite the combination of the high Australian dollar, stro...
Pick up an excellent Android smartphone, fast mobile broadband or a ridiculously cheap Sony LCD TV.
LCD, LED and plasma television prices are at the lowest they have been this year. In addition to huge price cuts, big-name manufacturers, including Sharp, Panasonic, Sony and LG, are offering free gifts for anyone buying a TV before Christmas -- with...
There are plenty of LCD, LED and plasma televisions on the market. But which offers best value? We dissect the TVs available at a range of price points — from budget to premium — to guide you to the best buys.
A media streamer will let you use your big-screen TV to show off photos taken with your digital camera, play your MP3 collection and display downloaded videos. Media streamers can generally access files from USB drives, and often they will let you us...
Check out some cheap TVs, a great notebook and more!
When you’re in a retail store looking at the giant lattice of televisions, it’s inevitable that the bigger screens will be the ones that catch your attention. When put side by side, who would want to look at a 42in television when there’s a 65in towe...
Plasma and LCD TVs have dropped in price massively over the past few years.
At the moment, save for the Sony XEL-1, all modern television screens use plasma or LCD technology to produce colours and create a picture. While these technologies serve their purpose reasonably well -- just like CRT did before them -- they are like...
Like any self-respecting couch potato, your dad probably owns an HDTV. However, this is only one part of the audio-visual puzzle (the visual part, to be precise). To truly immerse himself in the next Ashes series or latest blockbuster movie, your dad...
When it comes to choosing a top-of-the-range television, you can choose between the tried-and-tested technology of plasma televisions and the newer innovations of LED-backlit LCD panels.
For some time now, televisions have been moving away from simply displaying content delivered to them by a digital tuner, Blu-ray disc player or home theatre PC. An increasing number of TVs on the market from brands like Sony, Samsung and LG have ext...
Kenwood's stunning new speakers (pictured above) are just about to hit Japanese stores, and hit them they shall. Each speaker is encased in a beautiful glass stand, and also features, as an optional extra, a number of blue and white LED lights.
Get ready for more Google in your life. A slew of household gadgets based on the company's Android operating system will debut within the next five months, a new report says, including several high-tech remote controls for your home.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW