In the ongoing battle to clean up Japan's crippled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant, Toshiba is deploying a novel robot that's a bit like a scorpion.
Struggling electronics maker Sharp said Monday it is grappling with how to reform its LCD panel business, but has yet to make any decisions.
Hitachi Data Systems is purchasing business intelligence software maker Pentaho to incorporate analysis into Internet of Things systems it'll build for the healthcare, public safety and other industries.
Sports fans of the future might enter stadiums simply by waving a hand over a vein scanner if new technology from Hitachi is any guide.
If you're looking to sharpen your mental focus, Hitachi has developed a wearable brain activity sensor designed to improve learning skills.
Sure, you could buy a laptop, tablet or cloud service from Toshiba. But how about some spinach?
While Japan on Tuesday marked the third anniversary of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami that left over 18,000 dead or missing, a huge crane has been quietly moving fuel rods out of a pool at the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.
The market for external disk storage systems has recovered from a slump, with factory revenues up 2.4 percent to US$6.9 billion in the fourth quarter of 2013, according to an IDC study.
Hitachi has developed projector technology that makes video display clearly in brightly lit rooms.
New chips that blur the line between computer memory and storage are starting to move beyond niche applications and could change how we use PCs, an industry analyst said Sunday.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
Western Digital’s (WD) flash storage expansion drive has moved through yet another phase, with the storage vendor announcing it has completed its acquisition of Virident Systems for $US685 million.
A privacy debate has erupted in Japan over a new service from a major rail operator that sells private e-ticket records as marketing data.
Hitachi said Monday it will officially support Amazon Web Services as part of its cloud solution offerings, a victory for Amazon over rival Microsoft Azure.
Oracle suffered the most as growth in the storage market continued to slow during the end of 2012. Hewlett-Packard, Dell and IBM also struggled while EMC emerged as the big winner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Twitter surprises with a sales gain, but user growth lags
- Italian parliament drafts a declaration of Internet rights
- Meet Arrow, a new Android launcher from Microsoft's Garage
- Amazon proposes drone superhighways in sky
- Amazon Launchpad store will sell goods from startups
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW