Nokia Networks and Hewlett-Packard are collaborating on a platform that aims to let operators to roll out new services faster by moving to a Cloud-based infrastructure.
Hewlett-Packard wants to make BYOD easier for small businesses through a new cloud-based service to manage and protect mobile devices and PCs.
3D printing could become faster, cheaper and more efficient with Hewlett-Packard entering the market.
Hewlett-Packard's efforts to usher in an entirely new computer architecture, one potentially much faster and simpler, may bear fruit by the end of 2016, when the company's lab expects to have the first prototype machine based on its design.
If Hewlett-Packard's Moonshot server doesn't pan out, it won't be for lack of trying.
The next frontier for virtualisation and standard x86 servers is in service-provider networks, and big computing vendors are moving fast to blaze the trail there.
Justice ministers' proposals to relax European Union data protection rules for low-risk personal data are a step in the right direction, according to a lobbying group backed by IBM, Microsoft and Oracle.
Hewlett-Packard's plan to slice itself in two is being well-received by a cross-section of customers, though questions linger around PC and printer services and support.
About 1,000 workers at a factory of manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group went on strike on Wednesday demanding better wages, after production orders from Hewlett-Packard were cut, according to a labor protection group.
Worldwide PC shipments fell slightly in the third quarter this year, but the drop wasn't as big as IDC had originally projected, with expanded offerings of inexpensive laptops and a saturation of tablets in some areas helping to improve the numbers, ...
Taking a cue from Hewlett-Packard and eBay, Symantec is said to be in talks to carve out the company into two entities.
Hewlett-Packard's break-up plan will give the company's cloud unit more room to maneuver, which it needs to make faster progress on private and public clouds. But success will still be hard fought because of a slow start.
Hewlett-Packard's move to break up the company sets up the enterprise side of the business for a fresh attack on rivals such as Oracle and IBM.
Should you buy a Hewlett-Packard PC (or tablet, or printer)? That question that certainly is on some customers' minds after the company's announcement Monday that it will split its PC and printer operation from its enterprise, software and services b...
Hewlett-Packard has confirmed reports that it plans to break itself into two companies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD