U.K. regulators have closed their investigation into Hewlett-Packard's botched acquisition of Autonomy, a British software company that HP has accused of inflating its value and of improper accounting.
Curved displays may be a fad in TVs, but they could stick around longer in computer monitors.
Hewlett-Packard is launching an assault on low-cost Chrome desktops with an inexpensive Stream mini-PC running Windows 8.1.
Holographic imaging meets virtual reality in HP's futuristic Zvr display, which bring new levels of 3D interactivity not yet seen in monitors.
The settlement between Hewlett-Packard and shareholders of a lawsuit centering on the 2012 botched Autonomy acquisition hit a snag late Friday, when a federal judge rejected HP's proposal for being too broad, potentially releasing the company from po...
Blowing up entrenched business models and picking up the profits that spill onto the floor is a time-honored tradition in tech, these days known by the cliche of the moment, "disruption." Here are our picks for the top stories of a very, well, disru...
Autonomy founder Mike Lynch says he has obtained a Hewlett-Packard document that shows how differences in accounting standards, not fraud on Autonomy's part, are to blame for the debacle surrounding HP's acquisition of the company.
The increasing need for real-time analytics has helped buoy server sales to enterprises in a weak global economy, but most of the growth during the third quarter came from Web giants that are building their own hardware.
Microsoft's Windows 10 is still in testing, but hardware makers can't wait for the day the OS replaces the controversial Windows 8.
The pool of online data analysis services available for corporate users is about to grow larger, with HP set to offer two of its own, key products as hosted cloud services by early next year.
Hewlett-Packard isn't making bones about the fact that the Unix OS market is in decline, but the company believes its HP-UX has a long life ahead for customers using its fault-tolerant servers.
Thieves might regret stealing Hewlett-Packard's ultrathin Elitebook Folio 1020 laptops, which have a feature that turns them into nothing more than paperweights in case of theft.
Breaking up Hewlett-Packard is "totally the right thing to do for this company," CEO Meg Whitman said on Tuesday, after HP reported declines in revenue and profit for the last quarter.
Bringing some enterprise rigor to the wild world of big data, Hewlett-Packard has issued a package that will allow organizations to harness HP's Vertica analytical database engine to investigate reams of unstructured data residing in Hadoop systems.
Once a seething cauldron of competition, the twice-yearly Top500 listing of the world's most powerful supercomputers has grown nearly stagnant of late.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW