I've never seen a Windows PC boot faster than HP's versatile Spectre X360 hybrid, which has a start time of four seconds.
FCC votes in new U.S. net neutrality rules
Lenovo's website hack points to DNS weakness ... FTC asked to probe Samsung ... Facebook vet starts server analytics biz ... and more tech news
On a hot day in the future, if you go to work and leave your home air conditioning on full blast, your power company may know you're away and turn it down for you.
Hewlett-Packard lowers outlook as struggles continue ... Visa tech could prep Europe for Apple Pay ... Gemalto says encryption keys are safe ... and more tech news
Hewlett-Packard has lowered its financial outlook for the year after another quarter of declining sales and profit.
As HP reports numbers, questions will be on its split ... GOPers on FCC want to delay net neutrality vote ... Google deals for Softcard ... and more tech news.
Hewlett-Packard has devised a way to run programs written in the R statistical programming language against data sets that span more than one server, potentially paving the way for large-scale, real-time predictive analytics.
How much cloud computing does your enterprise application need? Hewlett-Packard has some of the guesswork out of Cloud procurement by adding seven new preconfigured options to its Helion set of cloud services.
Qualcomm pays $975 billion fine in China ... HP buys cloud security company ... Now you can set up a drone no-fly zone ... and more news.
Apple's financials on tap ... IBM says it's not laying off a quarter of its workforce ... Microsoft makes numbers but Windows doesn't help much ... and more
Hewlett-Packard has experimented with augmented reality and 3D image manipulation in recent products, and it intends to bring some of those technologies to tablets and laptops for a more interactive computing experience.
Hewlett-Packard hopes to bring momentum into the faltering market for large-screen Android tablets with the new Pro Slate 12, which stands out with a rugged 12.3-inch display and its ability to digitize notes from regular paper.
State of the Union address will be heavy on tech ... Will IBM's earnings disappoint, again? ... Twitter picks up ZipDial's call ... and more
Hewlett-Packard is taking a step to cut the cords from tablets and laptops with its Elite X2 1011 G1, which will be able to connect to displays and send print commands wirelessly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCCRM Change Lead, OrganisationalNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT