The health care industry has long been a laggard in adopting technology, but that will soon change as the challenge of aligning doctors, insurance companies and patients is figured out.
Healthcare.gov lacks several basic cybersecurity controls -- including strong passwords and consistent security patching -- nearly a year after the troubled launch of the insurance-shopping website, a government auditor said.
U.S government agencies will work to release cyberthreat information faster to the health-care industry after a massive breach at hospital operator Community Health Systems, representatives of two agencies said.
The theft of personal data on 4.5 million patients of Community Health Systems by hackers in China highlights the increasing degree to which hospitals are becoming lucrative targets for information theft.
A major U.S. hospital operator says hackers based in China broke into its computer systems and stole data on 4.5 million patients.
A new "biochip" under development to accurately identify disease strains may reduce costs for medical testing and also reduce wait time for results.
The most successful wearable devices will be ones that can work without a phone, and AT&T will have at least one of them by the end of this year, the man who manages the carrier's partnerships said.
The Social Security numbers of roughly 18,000 California physicians and health-care providers were inadvertently made public after a slip-up at health insurance provider Blue Shield of California, the organization said Monday.
Salesforce.com is teaming up with Philips to develop a software platform to connect patients with health care in a much faster and easier way than is usually possible today.
Samsung demonstrated a concept watch, the Simband, that's designed to be a platform for sensors from third-party vendors and to work with Samsung's SAMI wireless data broker service.
The 3D imaging software that helps Airbus to design planes and Advanced Micro Devices to test processor designs may also aid cardiologists in treating heart disease and reducing health care costs.
Samsung Electronics has sent out invitations to a May 28 event in San Francisco, at which the company is expected to expand its health-related offerings
The next innovation in health care may come from Silicon Valley.
On at least one occasion, technology behind Oregon's faulty health insurance website was discussed as a possible fix for problems that initially beset Healthcare.gov, the federal insurance exchange that underpins Obamacare.
Oracle is gearing up for a fight with officials in Oregon over its role developing an expensive health insurance exchange website that still isn't fully operational.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia