The health care industry has long been a laggard in adopting technology, but that will soon change as the challenge of aligning doctors, insurance companies and patients is figured out.
Healthcare.gov lacks several basic cybersecurity controls -- including strong passwords and consistent security patching -- nearly a year after the troubled launch of the insurance-shopping website, a government auditor said.
U.S government agencies will work to release cyberthreat information faster to the health-care industry after a massive breach at hospital operator Community Health Systems, representatives of two agencies said.
The theft of personal data on 4.5 million patients of Community Health Systems by hackers in China highlights the increasing degree to which hospitals are becoming lucrative targets for information theft.
A major U.S. hospital operator says hackers based in China broke into its computer systems and stole data on 4.5 million patients.
A new "biochip" under development to accurately identify disease strains may reduce costs for medical testing and also reduce wait time for results.
The most successful wearable devices will be ones that can work without a phone, and AT&T will have at least one of them by the end of this year, the man who manages the carrier's partnerships said.
The Social Security numbers of roughly 18,000 California physicians and health-care providers were inadvertently made public after a slip-up at health insurance provider Blue Shield of California, the organization said Monday.
Salesforce.com is teaming up with Philips to develop a software platform to connect patients with health care in a much faster and easier way than is usually possible today.
Samsung demonstrated a concept watch, the Simband, that's designed to be a platform for sensors from third-party vendors and to work with Samsung's SAMI wireless data broker service.
The 3D imaging software that helps Airbus to design planes and Advanced Micro Devices to test processor designs may also aid cardiologists in treating heart disease and reducing health care costs.
Samsung Electronics has sent out invitations to a May 28 event in San Francisco, at which the company is expected to expand its health-related offerings
The next innovation in health care may come from Silicon Valley.
On at least one occasion, technology behind Oregon's faulty health insurance website was discussed as a possible fix for problems that initially beset Healthcare.gov, the federal insurance exchange that underpins Obamacare.
Oracle is gearing up for a fight with officials in Oregon over its role developing an expensive health insurance exchange website that still isn't fully operational.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior ERP Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile and Business ProcessNSW
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW