The health care industry has long been a laggard in adopting technology, but that will soon change as the challenge of aligning doctors, insurance companies and patients is figured out.
Healthcare.gov lacks several basic cybersecurity controls -- including strong passwords and consistent security patching -- nearly a year after the troubled launch of the insurance-shopping website, a government auditor said.
U.S government agencies will work to release cyberthreat information faster to the health-care industry after a massive breach at hospital operator Community Health Systems, representatives of two agencies said.
The theft of personal data on 4.5 million patients of Community Health Systems by hackers in China highlights the increasing degree to which hospitals are becoming lucrative targets for information theft.
A major U.S. hospital operator says hackers based in China broke into its computer systems and stole data on 4.5 million patients.
A new "biochip" under development to accurately identify disease strains may reduce costs for medical testing and also reduce wait time for results.
The most successful wearable devices will be ones that can work without a phone, and AT&T will have at least one of them by the end of this year, the man who manages the carrier's partnerships said.
The Social Security numbers of roughly 18,000 California physicians and health-care providers were inadvertently made public after a slip-up at health insurance provider Blue Shield of California, the organization said Monday.
Salesforce.com is teaming up with Philips to develop a software platform to connect patients with health care in a much faster and easier way than is usually possible today.
Samsung demonstrated a concept watch, the Simband, that's designed to be a platform for sensors from third-party vendors and to work with Samsung's SAMI wireless data broker service.
The 3D imaging software that helps Airbus to design planes and Advanced Micro Devices to test processor designs may also aid cardiologists in treating heart disease and reducing health care costs.
Samsung Electronics has sent out invitations to a May 28 event in San Francisco, at which the company is expected to expand its health-related offerings
The next innovation in health care may come from Silicon Valley.
On at least one occasion, technology behind Oregon's faulty health insurance website was discussed as a possible fix for problems that initially beset Healthcare.gov, the federal insurance exchange that underpins Obamacare.
Oracle is gearing up for a fight with officials in Oregon over its role developing an expensive health insurance exchange website that still isn't fully operational.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
- Portrait Camera now available for iPhone 7 as Apple releases iOS 10.1 update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCApplication Senior Project ManagerACT
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW