The health care industry has long been a laggard in adopting technology, but that will soon change as the challenge of aligning doctors, insurance companies and patients is figured out.
Healthcare.gov lacks several basic cybersecurity controls -- including strong passwords and consistent security patching -- nearly a year after the troubled launch of the insurance-shopping website, a government auditor said.
U.S government agencies will work to release cyberthreat information faster to the health-care industry after a massive breach at hospital operator Community Health Systems, representatives of two agencies said.
The theft of personal data on 4.5 million patients of Community Health Systems by hackers in China highlights the increasing degree to which hospitals are becoming lucrative targets for information theft.
A major U.S. hospital operator says hackers based in China broke into its computer systems and stole data on 4.5 million patients.
A new "biochip" under development to accurately identify disease strains may reduce costs for medical testing and also reduce wait time for results.
The most successful wearable devices will be ones that can work without a phone, and AT&T will have at least one of them by the end of this year, the man who manages the carrier's partnerships said.
The Social Security numbers of roughly 18,000 California physicians and health-care providers were inadvertently made public after a slip-up at health insurance provider Blue Shield of California, the organization said Monday.
Salesforce.com is teaming up with Philips to develop a software platform to connect patients with health care in a much faster and easier way than is usually possible today.
Samsung demonstrated a concept watch, the Simband, that's designed to be a platform for sensors from third-party vendors and to work with Samsung's SAMI wireless data broker service.
The 3D imaging software that helps Airbus to design planes and Advanced Micro Devices to test processor designs may also aid cardiologists in treating heart disease and reducing health care costs.
Samsung Electronics has sent out invitations to a May 28 event in San Francisco, at which the company is expected to expand its health-related offerings
The next innovation in health care may come from Silicon Valley.
On at least one occasion, technology behind Oregon's faulty health insurance website was discussed as a possible fix for problems that initially beset Healthcare.gov, the federal insurance exchange that underpins Obamacare.
Oracle is gearing up for a fight with officials in Oregon over its role developing an expensive health insurance exchange website that still isn't fully operational.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCBI/DW Lead DeveloperVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT