Health care workers in the developing world are using mobile phones to address critical health needs ranging from maternal mortality to HIV testing to clean water. Here are 10 examples of mobile health around the world.
health care in pictures
IBM plans to buy Merge Healthcare in a $1 billion deal that promises to bring new image-focused capabilities to its Watson Health platform.
Pharmacists at some 7,800 CVS drugstores across the U.S. will soon be able to tap IBM's Watson cognitive computing system in the hopes of predicting customers' health problems before they arise.
A group has been singled out as the attacker behind the recently disclosed hack against Anthem, believed to be the largest waged against a health care company.
Wearable devices could be key to improving health, caring for patients with chronic diseases and understanding the impact of treatments. But there's one snag: how do you get people to wear them?
Doctors find little value in the way activity data from patients' wearables is presented to them today.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
More than a month after it went live, a couple of large questions remain about the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched launch of HealthCare.gov.
Nearly a decade after research firms predicted major cost savings and clinical benefits from the use of health-IT, adoption rates among U.S. medical providers remain sluggish, with the industry slow to embrace the big-data movement.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- Laptops are about to get a whole lot faster
- After bias furor, Facebook replaces people with algorithms
- Ford, MIT use Bostonians’ cellphone location data for traffic planning
- Google Wallet will now automatically send money transfers straight to your bank account
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA