Apple has forced its suppliers to end a form of "bonded labor" that saddled assembly line workers with unnecessary hiring fees, and put them in debt to third-party recruiters.
Foxconn Technology Group, a key Apple supplier, is setting a bad example for industry by overworking its staff, according to a Chinese trade union.
If you want to see where your old electronics go to die, take a trip to Guiyu. For two decades, PCs, phones and other electronics have been shipped to this town on the southeast coast of China, where locals in thousands of small workshops pull them a...
Guiyu is the town in China where your old electronics go to die. For years, it's been one of the main locations in the world where PCs, phone and other discarded products are shipped in to be pulled apart and recycled. The work is dirty and even haza...
The EU is investing in IT to help it and its citizens protect themselves from floods.
A labor protection group is accusing one of Samsung's suppliers in China of hiring over 10 underage workers to build company components. But the Korean electronics giant was quick to dismiss the allegations, and said it had no "child workers" at the ...
Chinese authorities have so far found no underage workers at a local Samsung Electronics supplier accused of using "child labor," but have started a campaign to crack down on the illegal activity.
Samsung Electronics has temporarily suspended business with one of its Chinese suppliers, after a labor watchdog group accused the factory of hiring five underage workers.
Dozens of China-based suppliers to Samsung Electronics violated various labor regulations last year, including failing to pay overtime wages and provide proper safety equipment for workers, according to recent audits.
An iPhone factory in China that's been the site of several worker deaths in recent months has been under-reporting the long hours employees endure, according to an investigator from a labor protection group.
Foxconn Technology Group has come up short in trying to limit the overtime hours of its workers in China, but still made progress in improving the working conditions at three of its factories that make products for Apple, a labor group said Thursday.
A workers' rights group is demanding Apple investigate the recent deaths of several workers at an iPhone factory in China, one of whom was a 15-year-old who died of pneumonia after working at the facility for a month.
A factory in China that builds phone casings for Samsung is facing accusations that it treats its workers poorly, prompting the electronics giant to investigate.
A manufacturer of glass coverings for Apple is drawing accusations of worker exploitation from Hong Kong labor groups concerned with several employee suicides at its factory in China.
Workers at four Dell suppliers in China are allegedly enduring long overtime hours and facing exposure to toxic fumes, according to new reports from watchdog groups.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager X2VIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERVIC
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCField EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSitecore .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT