Fove, a Tokyo-based startup, wants to people to ditch their game controllers and use their eyes to interact with virtual reality environments.
Apple's decision not to include Thunderbolt in its super-slim 12-inch MacBook hasn't discouraged Intel from continuing the development of the high-speed connector technology.
Sorry, Mac and Linux fans: Facebook-owned Oculus Rift, the headset that perhaps more than any other device has ignited public interest in virtual reality, will run almost exclusively on well-appointed Windows PCs, at least in the near future.
HP's PC group doesn't want to be a "screwdriver" PC maker making look-alike laptops and desktops, and it is focusing heavily on design and new innovations as it prepares for a spin-off into a separate company.
Intel is expanding its custom server chip program by integrating a special processing unit that could speed up specific applications in cloud computing environments.
AT&T us coming out with its first branded tablet, even though global shipments of the devices are flattening out.
China's smartphone market slows...IBM's latest Power8 servers do cloud work...Facebook tests in-app search...and more tech news.
IBM is building slimmer versions of its Power hardware -- used by its Watson supercomputer -- to run complex database applications as well as simpler Web-based ones.
These days, researchers at AT&T Labs are focusing on cars, smart homes, wearables and health apps, judging by projects showcased at the company's Research Day. This year's exhibit, held Friday in New York, was more practical than previous ones, with ...
It's nice to have the latest kit, but a supercomputer upgrade is about to bring the German Climate Computing Center, DKRZ, a big problem: a shortage of space.
AMD will battle Intel for computer performance supremacy with a new high-speed chip that could be the fastest when it ships.
Nvidia's 3G and LTE modem business is up for sale as the company moves away from mobile devices.
Hardware makers are providing the building blocks for databases, ERP and analytics applications to run faster in data centers with new systems based on Intel's latest Xeon E7 v3 chips.
Dell is offering to helping cut business' reliance on Windows PC hardware with a new management appliance, which could serve up virtual Windows desktops to Chromebooks.
Smaller servers are taking over data centers, but Intel believes the future is also bright for powerful big-iron servers, thanks to companies' embrace of machine learning, which requires a lot of horsepower to process complex algorithms and large dat...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW