More Windows devices with Intel's Atom chips code-named Cherry Trail were announced this week, giving the Microsoft OS an early lead over Android, which is not yet in any tablet based on the new chips.
The next big wearable hit could emerge at the Computex trade show in Taipei next week, and any attempt to steal the device off the show floor could be thwarted by Internet of Things security devices expected to be on display.
Global PC shipments will decline for the fourth consecutive year as people continue re-directing money towards smartphones and tablets.
Google's attempts to push Android TV in living rooms have so far failed, but the smart TV platform could get a boost from Nvidia's new Shield TV console, which has features that set it apart from competitors.
Following its IBM x86 server business acquisition, Lenovo plans on attacking the enterprise hardware arena with low-cost products to undercut the competition.
Server vendors recorded the strongest shipment growth in over four years for the first quarter, mainly driven by continued investments in the hyperscale server infrastructures that power public and private clouds.
Lenovo will be one of the first to offer a Windows 10 tablet, with a new ThinkPad device that's slated to arrive in August.
Lenovo is bringing three budget laptops to market in June, including one that can be equipped with Intel's RealSense 3D camera.
UNICEF is best known for its children's aid efforts, but it turns out that the U.N. agency has an small arsenal of surprisingly innovative gadgets that it uses to improve the lives of underprivileged kids and families worldwide.
Hewlett-Packard has reported another drop in quarterly revenue and profit, with a notable 16 percent slide in its enterprise services business.
Google's effort to add features and push Chromebooks into more hands is working, with shipments of the low-cost laptops expected to jump 27 percent this year.
Hewlett-Packard has sold a majority stake in its China server and storage business to Tsinghua Holdings as they launch a joint venture they expect will boost sales of HP enterprise hardware products in the country.
Lenovo's recent acquisitions have taken a bite out of the company's earnings, with its net profit in the first quarter dropping 37 percent despite strong PC sales.
Heated competition in the smartphone and tablet markets has required chip makers to speed up the pace at which they release new processors, the CEO of ARM said in an interview this week.
Wearables are often considered novelty items, but UNICEF believes the devices could revolutionize health and education and improve the lives of millions in developing countries.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW