More Windows devices with Intel's Atom chips code-named Cherry Trail were announced this week, giving the Microsoft OS an early lead over Android, which is not yet in any tablet based on the new chips.
The next big wearable hit could emerge at the Computex trade show in Taipei next week, and any attempt to steal the device off the show floor could be thwarted by Internet of Things security devices expected to be on display.
Global PC shipments will decline for the fourth consecutive year as people continue re-directing money towards smartphones and tablets.
Google's attempts to push Android TV in living rooms have so far failed, but the smart TV platform could get a boost from Nvidia's new Shield TV console, which has features that set it apart from competitors.
Following its IBM x86 server business acquisition, Lenovo plans on attacking the enterprise hardware arena with low-cost products to undercut the competition.
Server vendors recorded the strongest shipment growth in over four years for the first quarter, mainly driven by continued investments in the hyperscale server infrastructures that power public and private clouds.
Lenovo will be one of the first to offer a Windows 10 tablet, with a new ThinkPad device that's slated to arrive in August.
Lenovo is bringing three budget laptops to market in June, including one that can be equipped with Intel's RealSense 3D camera.
UNICEF is best known for its children's aid efforts, but it turns out that the U.N. agency has an small arsenal of surprisingly innovative gadgets that it uses to improve the lives of underprivileged kids and families worldwide.
Hewlett-Packard has reported another drop in quarterly revenue and profit, with a notable 16 percent slide in its enterprise services business.
Google's effort to add features and push Chromebooks into more hands is working, with shipments of the low-cost laptops expected to jump 27 percent this year.
Hewlett-Packard has sold a majority stake in its China server and storage business to Tsinghua Holdings as they launch a joint venture they expect will boost sales of HP enterprise hardware products in the country.
Lenovo's recent acquisitions have taken a bite out of the company's earnings, with its net profit in the first quarter dropping 37 percent despite strong PC sales.
Heated competition in the smartphone and tablet markets has required chip makers to speed up the pace at which they release new processors, the CEO of ARM said in an interview this week.
Wearables are often considered novelty items, but UNICEF believes the devices could revolutionize health and education and improve the lives of millions in developing countries.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCCloud Specialist | CHEF | 3mth ContractVIC
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW