More Windows devices with Intel's Atom chips code-named Cherry Trail were announced this week, giving the Microsoft OS an early lead over Android, which is not yet in any tablet based on the new chips.
The next big wearable hit could emerge at the Computex trade show in Taipei next week, and any attempt to steal the device off the show floor could be thwarted by Internet of Things security devices expected to be on display.
Global PC shipments will decline for the fourth consecutive year as people continue re-directing money towards smartphones and tablets.
Google's attempts to push Android TV in living rooms have so far failed, but the smart TV platform could get a boost from Nvidia's new Shield TV console, which has features that set it apart from competitors.
Following its IBM x86 server business acquisition, Lenovo plans on attacking the enterprise hardware arena with low-cost products to undercut the competition.
Server vendors recorded the strongest shipment growth in over four years for the first quarter, mainly driven by continued investments in the hyperscale server infrastructures that power public and private clouds.
Lenovo will be one of the first to offer a Windows 10 tablet, with a new ThinkPad device that's slated to arrive in August.
Lenovo is bringing three budget laptops to market in June, including one that can be equipped with Intel's RealSense 3D camera.
UNICEF is best known for its children's aid efforts, but it turns out that the U.N. agency has an small arsenal of surprisingly innovative gadgets that it uses to improve the lives of underprivileged kids and families worldwide.
Hewlett-Packard has reported another drop in quarterly revenue and profit, with a notable 16 percent slide in its enterprise services business.
Google's effort to add features and push Chromebooks into more hands is working, with shipments of the low-cost laptops expected to jump 27 percent this year.
Hewlett-Packard has sold a majority stake in its China server and storage business to Tsinghua Holdings as they launch a joint venture they expect will boost sales of HP enterprise hardware products in the country.
Lenovo's recent acquisitions have taken a bite out of the company's earnings, with its net profit in the first quarter dropping 37 percent despite strong PC sales.
Heated competition in the smartphone and tablet markets has required chip makers to speed up the pace at which they release new processors, the CEO of ARM said in an interview this week.
Wearables are often considered novelty items, but UNICEF believes the devices could revolutionize health and education and improve the lives of millions in developing countries.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 16 TV buying tips that salespeople won’t tell you about
- Corded headphones can now be wireless with Griffin's iTrip Clip Bluetooth adapter
- The Warlock of Firetop Mountain review: Another 1980s sword-and-board adapted for the modern era
- Google's new Crowdsource app wants human help for better translations and Maps info
- Google quietly discontinues the Chromebook Pixel 2
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCSoftware Engineer - Linux with NV1 clearanceVIC
- CCTest LeadSA
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCProject Manager XPLANNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW