Most Chromebooks today are running Intel processors, but chipmaker Mediatek wants to change that as it sees an opportunity to expand its market beyond Android tablets and smartphones.
Tablets running 64-bit Android haven't been out for long but prices are already set to fall fast.
If you thought HP's impending corporate split would make it slink away from the PC game, you're wrong. If anything, the company's new Spectre x360 laptop, announced on the eve of Mobile World Congress, seems intent on proving HP will be as frisky as ...
MediaTek is making a run to capture the processor performance crown for Android tablets with its 64-bit MT8173 mobile chip, set to go into devices during the second half of this year.
I've never seen a Windows PC boot faster than HP's versatile Spectre X360 hybrid, which has a start time of four seconds.
Acer is getting a head-start on Windows 10, releasing a new smartphone that comes with Windows Phone 8.1 but which it promises will be upgradeable to the new OS when it arrives later this year.
It only took an embarrassing adware scandal that put millions of PCs at risk, but Lenovo has had a revelation: People just want clean Windows.
Some Apple products may be banned from sale in the U.S. if Ericsson gets its way after filing a barrage of patent lawsuits.
ARM and IBM want hobbyists to make their own connected devices in a matter of minutes with a new development kit announced Monday.
As more sensors get added to the Internet of Things, power consumption can pose a problem, but researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have come up with a way to reduce the energy that such components require.
In Silicon Valley, where software startups are the rage, it's unusual to see a new hardware company set up shop. But venture capital-backed chip design company Flex Logix has some big ideas about how to speed up a whole range of software applications...
Lenovo admitted to pre-loading the Superfish adware on some consumer PCs, and unhappy customers are now dragging the company to court on the matter.
Apple will repair, for free, MacBook Pros that aren't properly displaying images, remedying an issue that has plagued some Mac users since 2011.
Samsung pushes into mobile payments with LoopPay acquisition ... Qualcomm getting set to roll out 64-bit mobile chips ... Ex-GM CEO warns Apple off the car business ... and more news.
Paranoid tablet users, rejoice. The first units of the secure Blackphone tablet will be demonstrated at the upcoming Mobile World Congress show in Barcelona early next month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google cloud platform can now be managed from a phone
- IBM to pump US$3 billion into new IoT business unit
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- Seagate Seven portable hard drive (500GB)
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW