Potential cloud-services customers face a tough problem: How can they trust cloud providers enough to hire them when the providers refuse to reveal important infrastructure details for reasons of security and practicality?
NEC will show a dual-screen tablet computer based on Google's Android operating system at January's International Consumer Electronics Show.
Research In Motion may have high hopes for its PlayBook tablet but it looks like the device will not go on sale until the end of the first quarter, according to comments from executives during RIM's earnings call Thursday.
Four executives at publicly traded technology companies have been arrested on charges they sold inside information about their employers, sometimes for hundreds of thousands of dollars.
As organizations migrate to cloud-based data centers, the scalability that was originally a benefit can become a handicap, and the promise of more efficient computing becomes ethereal. Rackspace hopes to help IT admins find some peace of mind and rec...
A new survey of business IT buyers shows demand for the new-style tablets is exploding in the enterprise. One big surprise is the willingness of enterprises to use tablets such as the iPad to replace laptops, for years the main mobile computing platf...
This past year has been a doozy in the security world.
While the iPad is the hottest fashion accessory for the gadget freak, recent research has revealed that users might not be getting the best out of the Apple tablet.
I keep hearing about Windows tablets. Steve Ballmer got up on stage with an HP slate at last year's CES, and nobody was particularly impressed. Now we're hearing rumors that he'll give it another shot this year, perhaps even revealing a bit about Win...
Asustek Computer, the Taiwanese computer maker that pioneered netbooks, believes it can take a double digit share of the global tablet PC market next year and ship as many as 20 million laptop PCs.
Tablets are making such a mark in the computer market that they just might start giving the world's largest chip maker a good bashing.
Although you may not have heard or seen most of them, more than 60 tablet computers produced by almost 50 manufacturers were introduced around the world in 2010. Most of the tablets have been introduced in the last 75 days, aren't branded by names mo...
It's a strange world. When Amazon Web Services booted Wikileaks off its servers last week, many people (including me) said it raised significant questions about the rush into cloud services.
VMware customers run an average of 12.5 virtual machines on each physical server, but high levels of consolidation are driven in large part by proliferation of multi-core servers, and memory limitations may be preventing further progress.
Google is continuing its push for business customers by adding policy features to the Chrome browser, giving IT shops the means to manage Chrome in Windows, Mac and Linux environments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCSAP ISU Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- FTSenior Digital Business Analyst, AGILE, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT