Potential cloud-services customers face a tough problem: How can they trust cloud providers enough to hire them when the providers refuse to reveal important infrastructure details for reasons of security and practicality?
NEC will show a dual-screen tablet computer based on Google's Android operating system at January's International Consumer Electronics Show.
Research In Motion may have high hopes for its PlayBook tablet but it looks like the device will not go on sale until the end of the first quarter, according to comments from executives during RIM's earnings call Thursday.
Four executives at publicly traded technology companies have been arrested on charges they sold inside information about their employers, sometimes for hundreds of thousands of dollars.
As organizations migrate to cloud-based data centers, the scalability that was originally a benefit can become a handicap, and the promise of more efficient computing becomes ethereal. Rackspace hopes to help IT admins find some peace of mind and rec...
A new survey of business IT buyers shows demand for the new-style tablets is exploding in the enterprise. One big surprise is the willingness of enterprises to use tablets such as the iPad to replace laptops, for years the main mobile computing platf...
This past year has been a doozy in the security world.
While the iPad is the hottest fashion accessory for the gadget freak, recent research has revealed that users might not be getting the best out of the Apple tablet.
I keep hearing about Windows tablets. Steve Ballmer got up on stage with an HP slate at last year's CES, and nobody was particularly impressed. Now we're hearing rumors that he'll give it another shot this year, perhaps even revealing a bit about Win...
Asustek Computer, the Taiwanese computer maker that pioneered netbooks, believes it can take a double digit share of the global tablet PC market next year and ship as many as 20 million laptop PCs.
Tablets are making such a mark in the computer market that they just might start giving the world's largest chip maker a good bashing.
Although you may not have heard or seen most of them, more than 60 tablet computers produced by almost 50 manufacturers were introduced around the world in 2010. Most of the tablets have been introduced in the last 75 days, aren't branded by names mo...
It's a strange world. When Amazon Web Services booted Wikileaks off its servers last week, many people (including me) said it raised significant questions about the rush into cloud services.
VMware customers run an average of 12.5 virtual machines on each physical server, but high levels of consolidation are driven in large part by proliferation of multi-core servers, and memory limitations may be preventing further progress.
Google is continuing its push for business customers by adding policy features to the Chrome browser, giving IT shops the means to manage Chrome in Windows, Mac and Linux environments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
- Apple postpones the AirPods release date to ???
- Microsoft quietly unveils a Surface mouse and desktop keyboards for Surface Studio
- Microsoft's Surface Book i7 doubles the GPU performance of its predecessor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Senior Project ManagerACT
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Full Stack .NET Developer - AngularJSNSW
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTMobile DeveloperNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTTest LeadQLD
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCProject Reporting Officer - Tabelau exp - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC