Potential cloud-services customers face a tough problem: How can they trust cloud providers enough to hire them when the providers refuse to reveal important infrastructure details for reasons of security and practicality?
NEC will show a dual-screen tablet computer based on Google's Android operating system at January's International Consumer Electronics Show.
Research In Motion may have high hopes for its PlayBook tablet but it looks like the device will not go on sale until the end of the first quarter, according to comments from executives during RIM's earnings call Thursday.
Four executives at publicly traded technology companies have been arrested on charges they sold inside information about their employers, sometimes for hundreds of thousands of dollars.
As organizations migrate to cloud-based data centers, the scalability that was originally a benefit can become a handicap, and the promise of more efficient computing becomes ethereal. Rackspace hopes to help IT admins find some peace of mind and rec...
A new survey of business IT buyers shows demand for the new-style tablets is exploding in the enterprise. One big surprise is the willingness of enterprises to use tablets such as the iPad to replace laptops, for years the main mobile computing platf...
This past year has been a doozy in the security world.
While the iPad is the hottest fashion accessory for the gadget freak, recent research has revealed that users might not be getting the best out of the Apple tablet.
I keep hearing about Windows tablets. Steve Ballmer got up on stage with an HP slate at last year's CES, and nobody was particularly impressed. Now we're hearing rumors that he'll give it another shot this year, perhaps even revealing a bit about Win...
Asustek Computer, the Taiwanese computer maker that pioneered netbooks, believes it can take a double digit share of the global tablet PC market next year and ship as many as 20 million laptop PCs.
Tablets are making such a mark in the computer market that they just might start giving the world's largest chip maker a good bashing.
Although you may not have heard or seen most of them, more than 60 tablet computers produced by almost 50 manufacturers were introduced around the world in 2010. Most of the tablets have been introduced in the last 75 days, aren't branded by names mo...
It's a strange world. When Amazon Web Services booted Wikileaks off its servers last week, many people (including me) said it raised significant questions about the rush into cloud services.
VMware customers run an average of 12.5 virtual machines on each physical server, but high levels of consolidation are driven in large part by proliferation of multi-core servers, and memory limitations may be preventing further progress.
Google is continuing its push for business customers by adding policy features to the Chrome browser, giving IT shops the means to manage Chrome in Windows, Mac and Linux environments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia