Exploiting recent hardware enhancements that IBM added into its System z mainframe servers, enterprise software provider BMC has updated its line of performance tuning products to help customers get more from the latest version of the DB2 database.
Acer's first tablet based on Google's Android 3.0 OS will ship later this month for US$449, the company said Friday.
Lenovo, Motorola and Dell are preparing to launch tablets in China. But can the Happy Pad outsell Apple's iPad?
Dell on Thursday served up a new choice for buying its servers: plug-and-play configurations that include up to 200 VMware virtual machines along with the networking and storage needed to run them.
Time Warner has asked a judge to rule on whether it has the right to let customers stream cable content to their iPads, a question that has lit up debate among content providers, cable companies and their customers over the past weeks.
VMware will ship a desktop virtualization client for Android Honeycomb-based tablets at the end of the second quarter or beginning of the third quarter, according to Vittorio Viarengo, vice president of End User Computing at VMware.
Microsoft will try to lure iPad users to its search engine with a new Bing application built specifically for the popular Apple tablet device.
Taiwanese PC makers said on Thursday that product prices would hold steady this year despite disruptions to raw material supplies after the massive Japan earthquake last month.
Dell plans to invest US$1 billion over the next three years to bolster its data storage products to business customers, with the money going toward the research of technology like cloud computing and virtualization, along with the development on new ...
IBM may have made the open source Linux OS a staple of its software line, but the company is keeping its own DB2 database proprietary, a company official said on Wednesday afternoon.
Are two screens better than one? In recent years, device makers have been exploring this question with mixed results.
High-performance computing expert Jason Stowe recently asked two of his engineers a simple question: Can you build a 10,000-core cluster in the cloud?
The Linux Foundation on Wednesday&nbsp;will release version 5.0 of its Carrier Grade Linux (CGL) specification, which covers capabilities such as more reliable file systems and security. CGL 5.0 is intended to address a mature marketplace in whic...
Sony on Wednesday said partial or full operations had resumed at eight of its 10 Japanese facilities affected by the March 11 earthquake.
Canonical has not yet built an Ubuntu Linux distribution for tablets and will continue development of the OS for PCs and netbooks, company executives said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Board Reporting, WealthNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperVIC
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW