Intel would happily make custom chips for Apple and other rivals, its CFO said Thursday, but hinted that the company doesn't believe the Apple iPad and similar tablets will make much of a dent in laptop sales and thus Intel's core processor business.
When I first started using my BlackBerry PlayBook tablet about a month ago, I was impressed that I could get through nearly an entire day of moderate-to-heavy use--non-stop e-mail and messaging, frequent browsing and checking my social networks, alon...
Microsoft may essentially have been first to the market with the modern tablet computer, but Redmond has seen any advantage there erased by a failure on the software side. Windows just isn't meant for the touchscreen world. No doubt the company is ea...
With some users unable to sign into Skype and make voice calls, the soon-to-be-acquired-by-Microsoft company offered users a multi-step fix to get its service running again.
NASA astronauts prepared today for their fourth and final spacewalk during the space shuttle Endeavour's last mission to the International Space Station.
Acer, the world’s second largest PC maker, opened a factory in the Chinese industrial city of Chongqing on Thursday and expects it to produce 30 percent to 40 percent of its laptops by the end of the year, the company said.
Reporting strong growth as it expands into emerging markets, Lenovo said Thursday that for the quarter ending in March its net profit more than tripled, reaching US$42 million, while revenue increased 13 percent to $4.88 billion.
Happy Geek Pride Day! May 25 is here, and while the date coincides with other events such as the 1977 theatrical release of Star Wars: A New Hope, Towel Day, and a celebration of Terry Prachett's Discworld, it's a day to bask in being a geek. But jus...
Sony has introduced a new 16-inch F Series laptop and a thinner and lighter S Series as part of its VAIO lineup. Both laptops are available for preorder now with second-generation Core i7 processors and high-end features for multimedia enthusiasts.
Citrix's annual Synergy conference is opening with a bang this week, with Citrix previewing overhauls to nearly every component of its virtual desktop product lines, reaching from the data center to the iPad.
More than a year after losing communication with the Mars rover Spirit, NASA is making one final attempt today to contact the robotic traveler.
One in eight government IT tenders in the European Union illegally specifies a brand, according to a new report from Openforum Europe (OFE).
North Korea might be an unlikely place to find a PC factory, but the country has started manufacturing three models of computers, according to a recent state TV report.
The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) today announced the release of a specification that can be used to test the performance of solid-state drives, regardless of the vendor.
Oracle logged a small milestone in its Sun acquisition during the first quarter, expanding sales of Sun's server hardware for the first time in three-and-a-half years, IDC reported Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW