Taiwan's Micro-Star International showed two new Android-based tablets at Computex this week that appear much sleeker than the WindPad tablets it has unveiled in the past.
Intel on Wednesday said it has introduced a new Atom processor to bring down the price of netbooks in emerging markets to under US$200, but the lower price may come at a performance penalty.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday broke its silence around its tablet strategy, announcing its first low-power chip designed for these devices.
Logitech's LifeSize division expects to bring one-way video streaming to Android devices in a few months and introduce a two-way videoconferencing system to tablets and smartphones later this year.
Intel's proposal of a new class of laptop, the Ultrabook, isn't an admission that it is losing the battle to put its microprocessors in tablets, according to a company executive.
MSI is showing off new X-Slim laptops at Computex that are less than an inch thick, contain the latest Intel and AMD processors, and offer over eight hours of battery life. It is also showing new tablets running Windows or Android at the Taipei trade...
Ricoh on Tuesday announced a tablet-like device that can function as an e-reader and digital clipboard for enterprises to electronically write, capture and record documents.
Intel announced plans for a new class of thin and light laptops at the Computex trade show on Tuesday, its latest move to improve its competitiveness in the mobile computing market.
Taiwan's Asustek Computer has previewed a smartphone-tablet PC combo device that seeks to bring together the strengths of both devices without completely duplicating the hardware.
ViewSonic unveiled a 10-inch tablet running both Android and Windows on Intel's newest Atom processor, Oak Trail, at the Computex trade show.
The president of ARM Holdings has sought to temper the expectations around ARM-based servers, saying those systems might not ship in volume before 2015.
ARM Holdings hopes to wrestle dominance of the mobile PC market from Intel and have ARM-based processors in more than half of all tablets, mini-notebooks and other mobile PCs sold in 2015, the company's president said Monday.
Nvidia has shown a prototype tablet computer running a four-core version of its Tegra processor and said products based on the new chip will go on sale starting in September.
NASA astronauts Friday wrapped up the fourth and final spacewalk of space shuttle Endeavour's last mission, moving a robotic arm from the space shuttle to its new home onboard the International Space Station.
Microsoft has let it be known that the next version of Windows will run on ARM-architecture, and it has demonstrated early builds of Windows 8 -- or whatever Microsoft ultimately calls the next OS -- on a tablet at both CES 2011, and MIX '11. While M...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA