The MacBook Air line wasn’t the only Mac hardware to get a Thunderbolt-inspired makeover Wednesday. Apple also added a Thunderbolt port to its Mac mini desktop, which sports new processors and discrete graphics as well.
Apple today refreshed its MacBook Air line, equipping the notebooks with faster processors based on Intel's Sandy Bridge architecture and adding support for Thunderbolt that transfers data at speeds up to 10Gbps.
On Wednesday, Apple announced boosted specs for its ultra-slim MacBook Air laptops. The update included second-generation Intel Core i5 processors, new Thunderbolt connectivity, more storage space, and the return of the backlit keyboard.
Dell's acquisition of Force10 Networks will fill a critical networking hole as the company buys its way into building an integrated technology stack for data centers, analysts said on Wednesday.
Set-top boxes supplied by cable companies are likely using more power than desktop and laptop computers, and about 25 per cent of the power used by a two-socket server.
Lenovo has announced the ThinkPad Tablet for businesses, which runs on Google's Android 3.1 and blends consumer features such as a camera with business-oriented manageability tools.
Apple is expected to report enormous profits this quarter thanks in no small part to record iPad sales of 7.7 million units. But I'm still holding out for a better tablet.
Apple COO Tim Cook spoke to analysts after Apple's record financial results Tuesday. This is an edited transcript of his remarks.
One Laptop Per Child is developing new functionality and protection features for its upcoming XO-3 tablet with the hope to attract more interest in the device.
Mention cloud computing to a mainframe professional, and he's likely to roll his eyes. Cloud is just a much-hyped new name for what mainframes have done for years, he'll say.
Apple’s iOS 4.3.4 PDF vulnerability fix issued Friday didn’t stymie jailbreakers for long -- a beta jailbreak tool for the mobile software update was released on Saturday.
Despite earlier reports that sales of Asus' convertible tablet were slowing, monthly shipments of the Eee Pad Transformer have surpassed 400,000 units per month, according to DigiTimes --making the Transformer the second-best selling tablet after the...
Software and services fueled IBM growth in the second quarter of 2011, the company said Monday.
Toshiba on Wednesday acknowledged a bug that causes its Thrive tablet to not wake up from sleep mode, and the company said it is working on a fix.
Acer has created a new mobile devices business group for China, with the aim of tapping the country's growing smartphone and tablet market.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of an innovation programVIC
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- FTPlatform EngineerQLD
- CCData Analyst - Excel focusedNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer/ WCEM ConsultantACT
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSystem EngineerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW