Toshiba on Wednesday acknowledged a bug that causes its Thrive tablet to not wake up from sleep mode, and the company said it is working on a fix.
Acer has created a new mobile devices business group for China, with the aim of tapping the country's growing smartphone and tablet market.
SeaMicro has crammed 768 Atom processor cores into its latest low-power SM10000-64HD server in an effort to provide a quick response time to Web transactions while saving energy.
Science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke wrote "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." When you read those words, you might imagine yourself showing an iPad to someone from the 1800s. You probably don't think twice abou...
Google's surprisingly strong earnings helped spark renewed confidence in the tech sector in advance of a raft of vendor earnings announcements next week, as shares of bellwether IT companies led markets upward Friday.
Android tablets could become more appealing to the enterprise with VMware's View Client for Android.
Apple has amended its App Store policy in Taiwan, allowing customers to receive a refund within seven days of buying a product after a demand by Taipei's city government.
Mobile devices and applications are streaming into enterprises, changing the way IT departments buy technology and relate to other employees, three vendor executives said this week at the MobileBeat conference in San Francisco.
The scoop: TouchPad, by HP, about $500 (for 16GB; 32GB costs $600).
Dell on Thursday shipped a new asset management appliance for small and medium-size business customers aimed at cutting costs of managing hardware and software.
Lenovo nudged out Acer to become the world's third-largest PC maker, and is inching closer to taking the second spot from Dell, according to IDC research.
JP Morgan is now able to run risk analysis and price its global credit portfolio in near real-time after implementing application-led, High Performance Computing (HPC) capabilities developed by Maxeler Technologies.
IBM never talks about the cost of its high-end mainframes, but when it comes to its low-end mainframe, price is a major focal point.
Hewlett-Packard on Tuesday said it would release a 4G TouchPad tablet with upgraded hardware, which will be available with AT&T's wireless network.
More people are bringing their own tablets and smartphones to work but IT departments have been slow to support them and may not even be aware of the trend, according to a report funded by Unisys and conducted by IDC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Amazon takes on MySQL with Aurora
- Over 10 million Web surfers possibly exposed to malvertising
- Car and pedestrian collision? There'll soon be an app for that
- Windows 10 adds full support for Canadian French, Mexican Spanish
- To see benefits, heath wearables must keep people engaged
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW