The MacBook Air line wasn’t the only Mac hardware to get a Thunderbolt-inspired makeover Wednesday. Apple also added a Thunderbolt port to its Mac mini desktop, which sports new processors and discrete graphics as well.
Apple today refreshed its MacBook Air line, equipping the notebooks with faster processors based on Intel's Sandy Bridge architecture and adding support for Thunderbolt that transfers data at speeds up to 10Gbps.
On Wednesday, Apple announced boosted specs for its ultra-slim MacBook Air laptops. The update included second-generation Intel Core i5 processors, new Thunderbolt connectivity, more storage space, and the return of the backlit keyboard.
Dell's acquisition of Force10 Networks will fill a critical networking hole as the company buys its way into building an integrated technology stack for data centers, analysts said on Wednesday.
Set-top boxes supplied by cable companies are likely using more power than desktop and laptop computers, and about 25 per cent of the power used by a two-socket server.
Lenovo has announced the ThinkPad Tablet for businesses, which runs on Google's Android 3.1 and blends consumer features such as a camera with business-oriented manageability tools.
Apple is expected to report enormous profits this quarter thanks in no small part to record iPad sales of 7.7 million units. But I'm still holding out for a better tablet.
Apple COO Tim Cook spoke to analysts after Apple's record financial results Tuesday. This is an edited transcript of his remarks.
One Laptop Per Child is developing new functionality and protection features for its upcoming XO-3 tablet with the hope to attract more interest in the device.
Mention cloud computing to a mainframe professional, and he's likely to roll his eyes. Cloud is just a much-hyped new name for what mainframes have done for years, he'll say.
Apple’s iOS 4.3.4 PDF vulnerability fix issued Friday didn’t stymie jailbreakers for long -- a beta jailbreak tool for the mobile software update was released on Saturday.
Despite earlier reports that sales of Asus' convertible tablet were slowing, monthly shipments of the Eee Pad Transformer have surpassed 400,000 units per month, according to DigiTimes --making the Transformer the second-best selling tablet after the...
Software and services fueled IBM growth in the second quarter of 2011, the company said Monday.
Toshiba on Wednesday acknowledged a bug that causes its Thrive tablet to not wake up from sleep mode, and the company said it is working on a fix.
Acer has created a new mobile devices business group for China, with the aim of tapping the country's growing smartphone and tablet market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- 60 turns with Civilization VI: 3 key tweaks will change how you conquer the world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW