Fujitsu is now taking orders for its Stylistic Q550 Slate PC tablet, one of the earlier tablets to use Oak Trail, Intel's first dedicated tablet processor.
Data centers continue to be filled with more and more IT systems, but enterprises aren't necessarily hiring more people to manage that new equipment, two surveys have found.
Apple is the most valuable brand in the world, beating out former top brand Google. The house that Jobs built is so highly valued that it is worth more than Microsoft and Coca-Cola combined, according to the 2011 BrandZ Top 100.
New survey results from Nielsen show that users are ditching their laptops, abandoning their ereaders, and leaving their MP3 players behind. For a large, and growing segment of the population, the tablet is the new primary computing and entertainment...
LAS VEGAS -- At the Interop trade show this week, Dell will expand its networking, server and storage product lines to help users migrate from legacy data centers to those more heavily reliant on virtualization.
As of Monday, Verizon Wireless was 12 days late with the start of sales for its second LTE smartphone, the Droid Charge from Samsung, which was first promised on April 28.
LAS VEGAS - EMC Monday unveiled a purpose-built appliance for processing both structured and unstructured data sets for business analytics tasks.
LAS VEGAS -- As part of its strategy to touch just about every part of the private and public cloud infrastructure, EMC said today it will begin selling PCIe flash cards for servers to accelerate I/O to backend storage systems.
The long wait for Apple products in Beijing turned ugly over the weekend when a skirmish erupted outside one of the company's stores, resulting in a broken glass door and injuries to customers and one employee. Apple's iPad 2 had just gone on sale, b...
I/O, Google's development conference, hits San Francisco next week, but don't expect any big Chrome OS announcements. Well, not technically, at least. Samsung and Google will be hosting an event as the conference is wrapping up on the evening of May...
Hewlett-Packard said on Monday it will start offering pay-as-you-go 3G mobile broadband services for its business laptops as the company looks to package more services with PCs.
Apple has topped Google as the most valuable brand in the world, according to a study released over the weekend by brand consultancy Millward Brown.
Dell on Monday announced a four-socket blade server with up to 48 processor cores for deployment in virtualized environments.
The first thing that came to mind when I heard that Apple may seed OS X 10.7 Lion via the Mac App Store to all users running Snow Leopard: Windows Vista.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs may have been onto something when he said that "PCs are going to be like trucks," as some tablet owners are reportedly letting their PCs gather dust.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Bose QuietComfort 25 review: A traveller's companion
- 5 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Sharp smartband LCD uses 1,000 times less power
- Hungary ditches Internet tax plans after protests
- Sony's new mobile chief has hands full as handsets struggle
- IBM joins Tencent to target China's growing enterprise cloud market
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW