Hewlett-Packard may be giving up on making webOS devices such as the Pre 3 and Veer smartphones and TouchPad tablet, but executives at the company say committed to developing its mobile platform. HP appears convinced it can wring some value from the ...
Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, and Best Buy are facing a backlash from wannabe HP TouchPad buyers after each of the retailers oversold their supplies of the WebOS-based tablets. B&N is facing the brunt of angry customers with many disgruntled TouchPad b...
With geeks still scrambling to get their hands on the last of Hewlett-Packard's US$99 TouchPads, a $US49 deal just seems too good to be true.
There are signs that Apple may soon allow China Mobile to distribute the iPhone, a deal that could give Apple a bigger share of China's mobile phone market. But Apple faces a tough choice in order to reach such a deal, say analysts: develop an iPhone...
China overtook the U.S. in both PC sales and shipments in the second quarter, according to research firm IDC.
The lucky people who managed to buy a US$99 TouchPad before they sold out just got luckier: A group of developers is working on a way to load Android onto the tablets.
Apple's next iPad will be faster and more power-efficient thanks to its new, quad-core A6 processor, but the new tablet may not be ready to ship until next June, an industry analyst said Monday.
Business continues as usual for Hewlett-Packard's PC unit, which will continue to support and sell products as the company explores options to spin off or sell the Personal Systems Group, HP said on Monday.
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice to the chorus, people took notice.
Considering how hot the tablet market is right now, Thursday's decision by Hewlett-Packard (HP) <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9219295/HP_kills_tablets_confirms_PC_spin_off_plans">to stop making tablets</a> raised a lot of eyebrows.
Hewlett-Packard's departure from the tablet business does not mean that Apple's iPad will remain the undisputed king, analysts said today.
With Hewlett-Packard (HP) likely spinning off its PC manufacturing business, other major vendors will almost certainly be looking for a way to get a bigger piece of the hardware pie.
News is spreading quickly online that HP is going to clear out the vast TouchPad inventory by dropping the price to an offer you can't refuse.
Suggestions that the PC is dead are greatly exaggerated. Flexibility, innovation and users' storage needs will keep it around a good long while.
Barely two months after the HP TouchPad launched, and we're already writing its obituary. Even RIM's BlackBerry PlayBook tablet has survived for longer than that. I was among the reviewers who took HP to task on the TouchPad -- but even so, I'm sadde...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW