IBM is looking to boost its mainframe business with a Linux push that includes new hardware, software and the founding of the Open Mainframe Project. The company is also contributing mainframe code to the open source community.
The deadly explosion that rocked the Chinese city of Tianjin has caused the country to shut down a nearby supercomputer, also one of the fastest in the world.
Dell has toughened up the Google Chromebook for the business market.
People who pre-ordered the Surface Hub from Microsoft were notified Wednesday that their mega-display and conference room collaboration tool won't arrive until 2016, at least four months after Microsoft originally planned.
IBM's year-long partnership with Apple took a new turn on Wednesday with the PC giant's announcement of new cloud services designed to help large companies incorporate Macs into their IT infrastructures.
Google's Project Tango tablet development kit is going on sale this month in 12 additional countries.
Acer has come out with new Windows 10 laptops, and they'll arrive with low prices to compete against Google's Chromebooks.
Robot hitchiker attacked, abandoned... Nokia sells Here mapping business to German car makers... Spy-spotting software comes to Wall St... and more tech news
China plans to limit exports of advanced drones and supercomputers for national security reasons.
The next edition of Google Glass will target enterprises and feature an attachable design, a news report suggests, shedding new light on rumors that have been circulating over the past several months.
Obama wants to boost U.S. supercomputing power...OPM, Anthem hackers also hit United Airlines...Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers...and more tech news.
US President Barack Obama has signed an executive order setting up the National Strategic Computing Initiative that will adopt a coordinated strategy involving multiple government agencies, academia and the private sector for the development of high-...
Oracle is looking to expand the market for its Sparc-based servers with a new, low-cost processor dubbed Sonoma that its engineers will discuss publically for the first time later this month.
Microsoft has pushed out a new firmware update for its Surface tablets that improves how the devices work with Windows 10.
Facebook prevails in IPO lawsuit... Jeep hack prompts recall of 1.4 million vehicles... Kill switch isn't killing phone theft... and more tech news
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC