The iPad is known for consuming content, not creating it. But there are hidden features and short-cuts for the keyboard, within email and in Safari that make creating content on an iPad faster and easier than you think.
The release of the fourth-generation iPad so soon after the third-generation iPad may have come as a surprise to even diehard Apple watchers, but the device itself won't. By now, we all know what an iPad looks like, and the fourth-generation iPad loo...
Samsung's recent licensing of 64-bit processor designs from ARM suggests that the chip maker may expand from smartphones and tablets into the server market, analysts said this week.
When the iPad debuted, many called it "just a big iPod touch." Most soon realized that such claims were misguided, as the iPad turned out to be much more: more powerful, more capable, more useful, more everything. Instead of being arithmetically bigg...
The iPad Mini's small size doesn't hinder many apps, whereas the fourth-generation iPad adds little value
A new generation of small tablets has reinvented entertainment on the go, but which is best? Find out now and gear up for holiday gift-buying
Five years after its inception, Android is more dominant than ever in the smartphone OS market, despite facing a number of challenges along the way.
Should you get an iPad? If so, which model? And after you decide on a model, which size? And should you buy one with cellular connectivity?
Now that Apple has unveiled its long-awaited iPad mini, we can see where it fits within the broader small-tablet market based on facts, not rumors.
The iPad mini doesn’t arrive in stores until November 2, but we got to spend some time with one after Apple’s media event at the California Theater in San Jose. Our conclusion: Yes, it’s a small iPad - but there’s more (and less) to it than that. Her...
The ASUS Vivo Tab RT handles many tasks well. But as a tablet—one of the first running Windows RT to reach my desk—it falls short of its Apple iPad and Google Android competition.
Here's how the iPad Mini's announced tech specs stack up against popular 7-inch tablets from Google and Amazon. (Of course, while the specs are important, there's more to a tablet than a data sheet. Computerworld will have a hands-on review of the iP...
Though some of us didn’t believe it would happen, all signs point to Apple unveiling a smaller iPad (among other things) at its October 23 event.
Samsung took a step toward finding a kind of "pax tabletica" with arch-foe Apple in an Australian court last week, offering to remove features from its Galaxy Tab to avoid a court ban on sales of the device in that country. But what's really interest...
The tech world was rocked earlier this week when Google announced its purchase of Motorola Mobility, but that was nothing compared with HP's bombshell. HP announced in one fell swoop that it is abandoning both the PC and mobile device markets. PCs wi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia