What surprised me upon making the decision to buy a new tablet was the first question that popped into my head: Should that tablet be a Nexus 7?
Over the next few years, almost every app we use and every website we visit may function less like a machine and more like a person helping us to do our work and live our lives.
Tablets, led by the iPad, have the potential to shake up the comic-book industry even more than ebook readers have begun to change the world of prose books.
The Microsoft Surface running Windows RT is just about everything you'd want in a tablet, but how does it stack up against the market leader, the Apple iPad?
Asia is fast becoming the epicenter of the PC market as Chinese and Taiwanese companies challenge the turf occupied for more than a decade by prominent U.S. PC makers Hewlett-Packard and Dell, whose laptop and desktop shipments are stumbling.
Not long after the iPad mini launched last fall, Cameron Yuill, the founder of AdGent Digital, started using the device to make business presentations.
The $60 iCase mini from Powis is a book-style case, available in a slew of patterns: plaid prints, checkerboard prints, pseudo-animal skins, vintage book covers, and more.
Acer's Iconia W510 is a 16:9, widescreen Windows 8 tablet with a nicely-designed keyboard dock. When sidled down and locked into said dock, the W5 appears and functions as a small, netbook-sized laptop. Alas, the W5 dock is a pricey option--the $750 ...
The $20 CoverBuddy is a slim rubber hardshell case that works to protect the back of your Smart Cover-clad iPad mini. The case, available in colors to match Apple's Smart Cover lineup, protects just the back of your tablet.
Hewlett-Packard is rebooting its tablet strategy with the ElitePad 900, but faces challenges as it tries to overcome past tablet failures and deals with the slow adoption of the Windows 8 OS, analysts said.
Oracle's second-quarter earnings announcement beat expectations in some respects, but also raised a number of interesting and in some cases, unanswered questions. Here's a look.
Words that spring from an iPad are not necessarily the same words that would come from other devices.
If you're thinking of buying a computer from Apple and opt for its cheapest "Mac mini" line, you'll be presented with several upgrade options at checkout.
"The Human Face of Big Data" is an ambitious and attractive new large-format book that aims to give readers, through photography and short articles, a glimpse of how powerful new data processing capabilities are changing people's lives. Author Rick S...
Hewlett-Packard's bombshell revelation that it would take a US$8.8 billion non-cash writedown after allegedly discovering major accounting fraud related to its Autonomy business unit has rocked the tech world.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
- How the Watch could fuel Apple's next growth spurt
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT