After an eternity of hype, innuendo and rumors, Intel's Core i7-6700K, code-named "Skylake," is finally here--and it's actually worth the wait. But only if you have realistic expectations, not those built up on months of leaked "performance" numbers ...
For 50 years, Moore's Law has paved the way for faster, smaller and cheaper devices. The observation focuses on the economics and scaling of silicon chips, which are at the heart of computing devices.
Microsoft has lost more than $1.2 billion so far on its Surface tablet business, an expensive experiment that makes tomorrow's revelations of new hardware an important milestone for the "devices" side of its corporate-refashioning strategy.
Can robots steer students towards careers in science and technology? Melissa Jawaharlal thinks so and she's built a robotics kit to prove it.
For decades, scientists have fantasized about creating robots with brain-like intelligence. This year, researchers tempted by that dream made great progress on achieving what has been called the holy grail of computing.
Oracle is gearing up to report its second-quarter earnings Wednesday and given the restrained expectations CFO Sandra Katz earlier set for key areas such as software revenue, Oracle's results are sure to come under even more scrutiny than the tech be...
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Apple is sending a signal that it hasn't abandoned the professional computing market with the latest Mac Pro, which will ship next month. But the workstation faces competition from its own sibling iMac as computer buyers weigh purchases.
Apple's iPhone 5s has the new Burst Mode camera feature, which lets users take up to 10 photos per second to get the perfect shot. Ideal for moving subjects, the Burst Mode tool can come in really handy for iPhone photographers. Here's how to use Bur...
We round up the things tech reviewers are saying about the new iPad mini, so you don't have to.
Hate might be a strong word, but not everyone has showered Apple's new iPad Air with praise. In this second part of our iPad Air review of reviews, we've gathered the negative comments that the iPad Air has picked up since it was launched. Some are a...
Apple CEO Tim Cook spent a bit of time dissing the competition while he was on stage at Apple's iPad Air launch event on Tuesday, but how does Apple's newest tablet stack up against the competition?
Get a great look for your iPhone or iPad by downloading a new iOS 7 parallax wallpaper. Here's how to select a new iOS 7 parallax wallpaper, where to download a parallax wallpaper, and how to set a new iOS 7 parallax wallpaper on your iPhone or iPad.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) is a good example of what's wrong with Android tablets and serves as a reminder that high-end specs don't always equal high-end performance.
Long-time Apple watchers know that the end of the year usually brings a bountiful harvest of new and updated products from the company. Indeed, just two short weeks in September have ushered in new iPhones, iOS 7, a new version of iTunes, a modest bu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Corsair's K70 RGP Rapidfire features new gaming-focused Cherry MX switches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCProcurement and Categroy SpecialistWA
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC