Your hard drive is full. Normally that isn't such a big deal, but what if you need to grab a coworker's files before she leaves for a vacation, or what if you want your massive overnight file download to go off without a hitch? Here are some short-te...
Last week I told you how to make a new computer hassle-free; to wit, I described how to create a system-repair disc, dump the junkware, and set up security. Now that you've got your PC just the way you want it, it's time to perform what I consider to...
Disk partitioning--separating one physical hard drive into multiple independent volumes--can relieve all sorts of computer-related headaches, and thanks to the Disk Management tool included with Windows 7 and Vista, you can perform the task without e...
Free program Disk2vhd does exactly what it sounds like it will do: turn a partition into a virtual hard drive that you can load and even boot from using the aforementioned virtual machine software.
Hard drives almost always contain some potentially compromising information, such as credit card and social security numbers. You should always wipe a hard drive before turning it over to someone else. But that job is particularly difficult if the ha...
Rat74136's external hard drive is full. He asked the Answer Line forum how to keep backing up.
A41202813 asked the Answer Line forum why his once quick PC is slowing down
Windows turned drive F: into drive G:, so the PC's owner asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/forum/2024-answer-line/">Answer Line forum</a> how to change it back.
Daniel Shaughnessy wants iTunes and Windows Media Player to see the music on his external USB hard drive.
After reading "Remove sensitive data before you sell an old PC," Joel Edillon wants to know if it's a good idea to physically destroy a hard drive instead of wiping it with special software.
Don Homan's hard drive crashed the day after his laptop's warranty expired. What should he do?
It happens to all of us: You turn on your system and see the stomach-churning "disk not found" error. It's really not surprising considering hard drives fail -- more often than you might think.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT