Your hard drive is full. Normally that isn't such a big deal, but what if you need to grab a coworker's files before she leaves for a vacation, or what if you want your massive overnight file download to go off without a hitch? Here are some short-te...
Last week I told you how to make a new computer hassle-free; to wit, I described how to create a system-repair disc, dump the junkware, and set up security. Now that you've got your PC just the way you want it, it's time to perform what I consider to...
Disk partitioning--separating one physical hard drive into multiple independent volumes--can relieve all sorts of computer-related headaches, and thanks to the Disk Management tool included with Windows 7 and Vista, you can perform the task without e...
Free program Disk2vhd does exactly what it sounds like it will do: turn a partition into a virtual hard drive that you can load and even boot from using the aforementioned virtual machine software.
Hard drives almost always contain some potentially compromising information, such as credit card and social security numbers. You should always wipe a hard drive before turning it over to someone else. But that job is particularly difficult if the ha...
Rat74136's external hard drive is full. He asked the Answer Line forum how to keep backing up.
A41202813 asked the Answer Line forum why his once quick PC is slowing down
Windows turned drive F: into drive G:, so the PC's owner asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/forum/2024-answer-line/">Answer Line forum</a> how to change it back.
Daniel Shaughnessy wants iTunes and Windows Media Player to see the music on his external USB hard drive.
After reading "Remove sensitive data before you sell an old PC," Joel Edillon wants to know if it's a good idea to physically destroy a hard drive instead of wiping it with special software.
Don Homan's hard drive crashed the day after his laptop's warranty expired. What should he do?
It happens to all of us: You turn on your system and see the stomach-churning "disk not found" error. It's really not surprising considering hard drives fail -- more often than you might think.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- NSPython Developer (DevOps)NSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC