Your hard drive is full. Normally that isn't such a big deal, but what if you need to grab a coworker's files before she leaves for a vacation, or what if you want your massive overnight file download to go off without a hitch? Here are some short-te...
Last week I told you how to make a new computer hassle-free; to wit, I described how to create a system-repair disc, dump the junkware, and set up security. Now that you've got your PC just the way you want it, it's time to perform what I consider to...
Disk partitioning--separating one physical hard drive into multiple independent volumes--can relieve all sorts of computer-related headaches, and thanks to the Disk Management tool included with Windows 7 and Vista, you can perform the task without e...
Free program Disk2vhd does exactly what it sounds like it will do: turn a partition into a virtual hard drive that you can load and even boot from using the aforementioned virtual machine software.
Hard drives almost always contain some potentially compromising information, such as credit card and social security numbers. You should always wipe a hard drive before turning it over to someone else. But that job is particularly difficult if the ha...
Rat74136's external hard drive is full. He asked the Answer Line forum how to keep backing up.
A41202813 asked the Answer Line forum why his once quick PC is slowing down
Windows turned drive F: into drive G:, so the PC's owner asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/forum/2024-answer-line/">Answer Line forum</a> how to change it back.
Daniel Shaughnessy wants iTunes and Windows Media Player to see the music on his external USB hard drive.
After reading "Remove sensitive data before you sell an old PC," Joel Edillon wants to know if it's a good idea to physically destroy a hard drive instead of wiping it with special software.
Don Homan's hard drive crashed the day after his laptop's warranty expired. What should he do?
It happens to all of us: You turn on your system and see the stomach-churning "disk not found" error. It's really not surprising considering hard drives fail -- more often than you might think.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia