Your hard drive is full. Normally that isn't such a big deal, but what if you need to grab a coworker's files before she leaves for a vacation, or what if you want your massive overnight file download to go off without a hitch? Here are some short-te...
Last week I told you how to make a new computer hassle-free; to wit, I described how to create a system-repair disc, dump the junkware, and set up security. Now that you've got your PC just the way you want it, it's time to perform what I consider to...
Disk partitioning--separating one physical hard drive into multiple independent volumes--can relieve all sorts of computer-related headaches, and thanks to the Disk Management tool included with Windows 7 and Vista, you can perform the task without e...
Free program Disk2vhd does exactly what it sounds like it will do: turn a partition into a virtual hard drive that you can load and even boot from using the aforementioned virtual machine software.
Hard drives almost always contain some potentially compromising information, such as credit card and social security numbers. You should always wipe a hard drive before turning it over to someone else. But that job is particularly difficult if the ha...
Rat74136's external hard drive is full. He asked the Answer Line forum how to keep backing up.
A41202813 asked the Answer Line forum why his once quick PC is slowing down
Windows turned drive F: into drive G:, so the PC's owner asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/forum/2024-answer-line/">Answer Line forum</a> how to change it back.
Daniel Shaughnessy wants iTunes and Windows Media Player to see the music on his external USB hard drive.
After reading "Remove sensitive data before you sell an old PC," Joel Edillon wants to know if it's a good idea to physically destroy a hard drive instead of wiping it with special software.
Don Homan's hard drive crashed the day after his laptop's warranty expired. What should he do?
It happens to all of us: You turn on your system and see the stomach-churning "disk not found" error. It's really not surprising considering hard drives fail -- more often than you might think.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- Want to live on Mars with 1M of your closest friends?
- Mozilla tests ad-blocking feature in Firefox
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW