We test Seagate's hybrid 'SSHD' 2.5-inch hard disk
WD's My Book AV-TV is specifically designed to be used on smart TVs as a PVR
Buffalo's 500GB wireless hard drive is great for streaming content to mobile devices, but battery life could be better
This wireless hard drive is perfect if you want to stream media content to an Android or iOS device
Seagate GoFlex Satellite review: This portable hard drive is designed to interact with mobile devices, but using the associated iOS app is unsatisfying
WD's Scorpio Black (WD5000BEKT) is a well-performing notebook hard drive with a great price
Kingston's SSDNow V+ SSD comes with a comprehensive accessory bundle, but its performance is less extraordinary.
Corsair's Force Series F120 SSD uses a SandForce controller to deliver speedy access through clever page-management algorithms.
Seagate's Momentus XT hard drive adds flash storage to increase speed significantly over a standard hard drive; but it can't quite match an SSD
The newest WD VelociRaptor offers 600GB of storage as well as a 10,000rpm spin
A 750GB WD hard drive for notebooks and portable devices
Western Digital's latest 2TB internal hard drive emphasises performance, not power efficiency
Western Digital delivers 1TB of storage and good security in a portable package
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC