South Korea's competition watchdog has fined 10 LCD makers a total of 195 billion won ($176 million) for allegedly holding secret meetings to keep the prices for flat screen displays artificially high.
A long-running price-fixing probe into the LCD panel business has netted its ninth indictment against a Taiwanese executive, the U.S. Department of Justice said Thursday.
HannStar Display, a Taiwanese maker of liquid crystal displays (LCDs), has agreed to plead guilty and pay a US$30 million fine for participating in a global conspiracy to fix prices of the displays, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
- 4 LG G3 review
- 5 Nokia Lumia 930 review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- EMC reportedly held merger talks with Hewlett-Packard
- Microsoft pushes back Xbox One release date in China
- Microsoft, Getty copyright dispute heads for mediation
- Here’s how to identify different cuts of meat
- What ridiculous reasons do you have for keeping old tech hanging around?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.