From televisions to passenger planes, even the most unassuming device can, if accessed by the wrong people, be turned into something more sinister.
hackers in pictures
The year's only halfway done, but hackers have already filled enough headlines to last a decade.
From online bank heists to Chinese hackers, 2013 is adding up to be a security mess
These "White Hat" security researchers are ethical hackers whose discoveries and inventions shake things up — as they try to stay one step ahead of their underground "Black Hat" cousins…
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
Hackers based in Iran have been using malware to spy on individuals, including potentially dissidents and activists in the country, according to new research from Symantec.
Thousands of medical devices, including MRI scanners, x-ray machines and drug infusion pumps, are vulnerable to hacking, creating significant health risks for patients, security researchers said this week.
Russian-speaking hackers have breached 97 websites, mostly dating-related, and stolen login credentials, putting hundreds of thousands of users at risk.
AshleyMadison.com's owner said it is examining a large batch of data posted online by hackers who breached the website last month.
Well, that was fast. Do-it-yourself electronics kit maker and hobby retailer Adafruit recently announced that a hacker had won the company's Open Kinect Bounty. Spain-based hacker Hector Martin Cantero, who is known online as "marcan," released a pro...
Technology drives just about everything we do, and not just at our jobs. From banks to hospitals to the systems that keep the juice flowing to our homes, we are almost entirely dependent on tech. More and more of these systems are interconnected, and...
Quick: What's a hacker? A pimply faced teenager in a dark bedroom trying to start World War Three, or a thirty-something professional with mad computer skills?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Enablement SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC