From televisions to passenger planes, even the most unassuming device can, if accessed by the wrong people, be turned into something more sinister.
hackers in pictures
The year's only halfway done, but hackers have already filled enough headlines to last a decade.
From online bank heists to Chinese hackers, 2013 is adding up to be a security mess
These "White Hat" security researchers are ethical hackers whose discoveries and inventions shake things up — as they try to stay one step ahead of their underground "Black Hat" cousins…
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
Hackers based in Iran have been using malware to spy on individuals, including potentially dissidents and activists in the country, according to new research from Symantec.
Thousands of medical devices, including MRI scanners, x-ray machines and drug infusion pumps, are vulnerable to hacking, creating significant health risks for patients, security researchers said this week.
Russian-speaking hackers have breached 97 websites, mostly dating-related, and stolen login credentials, putting hundreds of thousands of users at risk.
AshleyMadison.com's owner said it is examining a large batch of data posted online by hackers who breached the website last month.
Well, that was fast. Do-it-yourself electronics kit maker and hobby retailer Adafruit recently announced that a hacker had won the company's Open Kinect Bounty. Spain-based hacker Hector Martin Cantero, who is known online as "marcan," released a pro...
Technology drives just about everything we do, and not just at our jobs. From banks to hospitals to the systems that keep the juice flowing to our homes, we are almost entirely dependent on tech. More and more of these systems are interconnected, and...
Quick: What's a hacker? A pimply faced teenager in a dark bedroom trying to start World War Three, or a thirty-something professional with mad computer skills?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC