The company that publishes books under the Macmillan imprint has agreed to allow discounting of its electronic books as part of a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice over price-fixing in the fast-growing e-book market.
Penguin Group has become the latest book publisher to reach a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice in a lawsuit that alleges that Apple and five publishers had conspired to raise e-book prices.
A Seattle law firm has targeted Apple in an e-book price-fixing lawsuit partly because of the company's dominance in smartphone and tablet sales, the firm's managing director said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT