Groupon has dropped trademark applications that sought to use the "Gnome" name for a point-of-sale tablet it released in May, clashing with the open-source software group of the same name.
The Gnome Foundation is claiming Groupon has infringed on its trademark and is seeking financial and community support to finance its fight.
Though earnings from some tech vendors brightened up a week of tepid market reports, shares of IT companies broadly declined Friday along with the rest of the market.
While mobile payments transform financial life in many less developed countries, retailers and payment providers in the U.S. and Europe are still trying to find the right incentives to drive adoption.
Groupon has acquired MashLogic, a company based in California that makes a simple tool called Britely to capture and collate bits of information from web pages.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user computing (EUC) experienceNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperWA
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC