Groupon has dropped trademark applications that sought to use the "Gnome" name for a point-of-sale tablet it released in May, clashing with the open-source software group of the same name.
The Gnome Foundation is claiming Groupon has infringed on its trademark and is seeking financial and community support to finance its fight.
Though earnings from some tech vendors brightened up a week of tepid market reports, shares of IT companies broadly declined Friday along with the rest of the market.
While mobile payments transform financial life in many less developed countries, retailers and payment providers in the U.S. and Europe are still trying to find the right incentives to drive adoption.
Groupon has acquired MashLogic, a company based in California that makes a simple tool called Britely to capture and collate bits of information from web pages.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW