Groupon has dropped trademark applications that sought to use the "Gnome" name for a point-of-sale tablet it released in May, clashing with the open-source software group of the same name.
The Gnome Foundation is claiming Groupon has infringed on its trademark and is seeking financial and community support to finance its fight.
Though earnings from some tech vendors brightened up a week of tepid market reports, shares of IT companies broadly declined Friday along with the rest of the market.
While mobile payments transform financial life in many less developed countries, retailers and payment providers in the U.S. and Europe are still trying to find the right incentives to drive adoption.
Groupon has acquired MashLogic, a company based in California that makes a simple tool called Britely to capture and collate bits of information from web pages.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Many hospitals transmit your health records unencrypted
- EFF condemns Windows 10 data collection
- Facebook renews search for elusive younger users with Lifestage
- Blame it on your brain: Researchers discover why we ignore PC security warnings
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCGuidewire Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSalesforce Developer / UrgentNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC