Groupon has dropped trademark applications that sought to use the "Gnome" name for a point-of-sale tablet it released in May, clashing with the open-source software group of the same name.
The Gnome Foundation is claiming Groupon has infringed on its trademark and is seeking financial and community support to finance its fight.
Though earnings from some tech vendors brightened up a week of tepid market reports, shares of IT companies broadly declined Friday along with the rest of the market.
While mobile payments transform financial life in many less developed countries, retailers and payment providers in the U.S. and Europe are still trying to find the right incentives to drive adoption.
Groupon has acquired MashLogic, a company based in California that makes a simple tool called Britely to capture and collate bits of information from web pages.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW