Ford Motor Company debuted its first all-electric vehicle, the Focus Electric, at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show Friday. It is one of five new electrified vehicles that will be available in North America and Europe by 2013.
Radiation from Wi-Fi networks is harmful to trees, causing significant variations in growth, as well as bleeding and fissures in the bark, according to a recent study in the Netherlands.
Sharp will acquire Recurrent Energy, a U.S. developer of solar energy projects, in a deal that will give the Japanese company a stronger position in the fast-growing solar-power generation business, the companies said Wednesday.
HP has unveiled the new Envy 100 e-All-in-One inkjet multifunction printer, which has a sleek, compact design that shouldn't look out of place in a modern living space.
A team at London's City University has been granted a patent on a new 'green' technology that stops phone, laptop and MP3 chargers eating electricity even when nothing is connected to them.
Oracle's board of directors has weighed in against a shareholder proposal calling for the creation of a board-level committee on sustainability, according to the proxy statement for the vendor's upcoming annual meeting.
Japan's NEC Corporation may have found the answer to the nagging debate between saving the environment without necessarily starving the population. And NEC found the answer while addressing the demand for durable plastic for the electronics industry.
MIT researchers have used nanotechnology to develop a robot that can autonomously navigate across the surface of the ocean to clean up an oil spill.
It's 1 a.m., and everyone in the house is asleep. The television is off. The computers are off. Your cell phones and MP3 players are plugged in but no longer charging. And all these products are still sucking electricity.
A new startup funded by major chip makers and investment firms is taking aim at electricity bills, the biggest cost in data centers.
Keeping mobile phones and other portable electronics charged is a hassle if you make frequent business trips or work in multiple locations. Inevitably, your smartphone's battery dies far from a power source just when you need to make a crucial call o...
There may not be anything magical or revolutionary about AA batteries, but we need them to run a variety of electronic gizmos, including wireless mice and keyboards, as well as dozens of analog devices such as flashlights, wall clocks, and portable c...
Microsoft has expanded its Hohm energy monitoring portal so home owners can see, directly from their personal computers, how much power their homes use.
The University of New Hampshire InterOperability Lab (UNH-IOL) has begun testing Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) products to make sure they work together.
Sprint dove into the green cell phone market Thursday with the introduction of the Samsung Reclaim, an eco-friendly smartphone built in part from corn-based bio-plastics. The unit will be available Aug. 16 for $49.99 (after rebate with a two-year ser...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW