Exponential growth in the use of computers, smartphones and other networked devices could cause the environmental impact of the ICT sector to increase dramatically between now and 2020, according to a new report.
How does the federal government go about implementing green IT? According to a report out today from the Government Accountability Office, the feds have adopted a number of practices that are useful not just for government IT but all manner of privat...
Data centers have been using less electricity than you think ... or at least, compared with what they have in the past.
Set-top boxes supplied by cable companies are likely using more power than desktop and laptop computers, and about 25 per cent of the power used by a two-socket server.
The cutaway section of Hewlett-Packard's latest iteration of a prefabricated modular data center has a space-station-like feel to it.
When it comes to saving data center energy few companies would have the expertise of Google, which has some of the largest data centers in the world. It has or is experimenting with some interesting ideas to cool data centers more efficiently as well...
When it comes to environmental sustainability, the information technology community has seriously mistaken its priorities. Our latest research has confirmed what we have been saying for four years. The IT industry is already energy-neutral in terms o...
Facebook's start-up days are long behind it.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Ford Motor Company debuted its first all-electric vehicle, the Focus Electric, at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show Friday. It is one of five new electrified vehicles that will be available in North America and Europe by 2013.
A new report has added further to the debate as to whether cloud computing is a greener approach to running data centres. A survey by Pike Research has indicated that the energy savings of cloud computing are "substantial".
The thorny question of carbon emissions from cloud computing has raised its head again. There's been plenty of debate as to whether cloud computing is good or bad at curbing carbon emissions.
Green IT is still at its early stage of development in the industry worldwide. Nonetheless, it is an essential domain for businesses not only to boost corporate environmental responsibility but also to reduce companies' bottom line. This was the high...
Icelandic hosting company GreenQloud has launched what it claims is the world's first carbon-neutral cloud service. The company has teamed up with object-based cloud storage company Scality to launch the service, projected to be available early next ...
HP has unveiled the new Envy 100 e-All-in-One inkjet multifunction printer, which has a sleek, compact design that shouldn't look out of place in a modern living space.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia