Exponential growth in the use of computers, smartphones and other networked devices could cause the environmental impact of the ICT sector to increase dramatically between now and 2020, according to a new report.
How does the federal government go about implementing green IT? According to a report out today from the Government Accountability Office, the feds have adopted a number of practices that are useful not just for government IT but all manner of privat...
Data centers have been using less electricity than you think ... or at least, compared with what they have in the past.
Set-top boxes supplied by cable companies are likely using more power than desktop and laptop computers, and about 25 per cent of the power used by a two-socket server.
The cutaway section of Hewlett-Packard's latest iteration of a prefabricated modular data center has a space-station-like feel to it.
When it comes to saving data center energy few companies would have the expertise of Google, which has some of the largest data centers in the world. It has or is experimenting with some interesting ideas to cool data centers more efficiently as well...
When it comes to environmental sustainability, the information technology community has seriously mistaken its priorities. Our latest research has confirmed what we have been saying for four years. The IT industry is already energy-neutral in terms o...
Facebook's start-up days are long behind it.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Ford Motor Company debuted its first all-electric vehicle, the Focus Electric, at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show Friday. It is one of five new electrified vehicles that will be available in North America and Europe by 2013.
A new report has added further to the debate as to whether cloud computing is a greener approach to running data centres. A survey by Pike Research has indicated that the energy savings of cloud computing are "substantial".
The thorny question of carbon emissions from cloud computing has raised its head again. There's been plenty of debate as to whether cloud computing is good or bad at curbing carbon emissions.
Green IT is still at its early stage of development in the industry worldwide. Nonetheless, it is an essential domain for businesses not only to boost corporate environmental responsibility but also to reduce companies' bottom line. This was the high...
Icelandic hosting company GreenQloud has launched what it claims is the world's first carbon-neutral cloud service. The company has teamed up with object-based cloud storage company Scality to launch the service, projected to be available early next ...
HP has unveiled the new Envy 100 e-All-in-One inkjet multifunction printer, which has a sleek, compact design that shouldn't look out of place in a modern living space.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSiebel DeveloperVIC
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW