Starting in 2012, users of certain GPS devices will no longer get traffic updates, weather reports and other data because Microsoft is discontinuing its MSN Direct service.
Google Maps Navigation,introduced today, puts the company in direct competition with GPS makers and former best friend, Apple. The service, which can nicely replace a standalone GPS, is only available for handsets running Google's Android operating s...
If you're an Android user, Google is hoping to help you get where you're going.
The motoring authority of Victoria, VicRoads, has backed down on a plan to ban the use of mobile global positioning system (GPS) devices in cars.
The TomTom Car Kit for the iPhone 3G or 3GS is now available for sale in the UK through the Apple Store for £99.99.
Sygic has launched the first turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for Android-based smartphones, Mobile Maps 2009.
Commuters in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane may not yet have access to Google Maps' public transport information, but they can now receive free, live traffic updates on their mobile phones. As of this morning, Google Maps will display traffic informa...
A smartphone application coming to the US this fall could help drivers use GPS to detect speed traps, cameras at red lights and more than 200,000 related alerts based on a database of locations compiled with updates from drivers.
GPS manufacturer Navigon has used social-networking site Facebook to announce it will launch a dedicated iPhone car cradle.
GPS manufacturer TomTom has released its iPhone GPS app for Australia.
We still don't know exactly when the TomTom for iPhone GPS application will be available. But, we may know how much it will cost: a UK online electronics store has apparently leaked the price of the upcoming app via a pre-order listing.
Navigon has released the full Australian version of its MobileNavigator app for the iPhone, providing full turn-by-turn GPS navigation.
German GPS manufacturer Navigon has released an Australian version of its MobileNavigator Lite app for the iPhone, allowing users to try the software before deciding to purchase the full version.
GoFinder has released what it claims is Australia’s first sub-$400 GPS security tracking device. The GoFinder SmartSystem operates on AA lithium batteries.
Navigon has announced the launch of three new GPS navigation units in Australia, with the German company claiming the new devices — the Navigon 1300, Navigon 3300max and Navigon 4350max — are the first on the market that learn from an ind...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTData & Analytics Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia