Google's new Maps app for iPhone arrived in the App Store late Wednesday, in a move likely to please users disappointed with Apple Maps in iOS 6. While the new app leverages Google's robust mapping data, it has a few weak spots of its own--most notab...
iOS 5 dropped an important control that had existed in iOS 4: a switch to turn notifications off.
The furor over Apple's Maps app has diminished somewhat since it peaked shortly after the release of iOS 6, but there are still people who have been holding out on upgrading to Apple's latest mobile operating system, worried about what they might los...
Despite its aesthetic achievements, Apple's Maps app in iOS 6 left a lot of users unhappy. Turns out that the years Google spent building out its mapping data were hugely important; Apple's data - which powered its new Maps app - didn't have the rea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia