Google's new Maps app for iPhone arrived in the App Store late Wednesday, in a move likely to please users disappointed with Apple Maps in iOS 6. While the new app leverages Google's robust mapping data, it has a few weak spots of its own--most notab...
iOS 5 dropped an important control that had existed in iOS 4: a switch to turn notifications off.
The furor over Apple's Maps app has diminished somewhat since it peaked shortly after the release of iOS 6, but there are still people who have been holding out on upgrading to Apple's latest mobile operating system, worried about what they might los...
Despite its aesthetic achievements, Apple's Maps app in iOS 6 left a lot of users unhappy. Turns out that the years Google spent building out its mapping data were hugely important; Apple's data - which powered its new Maps app - didn't have the rea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW