The U.S. has verbally committed to enter into a no-spying agreement with Germany in the wake of disclosures about the U.S. National Security Agency's secret surveillance programs.
A prominent U.S. Senate committee has launched a formal inquiry to investigate criminal activity and other risks tied to the use of virtual currencies such as Bitcoins.
Some level of government surveillance is "essential" if the nation is to minimize the incidence of terrorist strikes like the Boston Marathon bombing, according to Oracle CEO Larry Ellison.
Almost 75 percent of government IT budgets globally were reported as flat or increasing in 2013, according to a Gartner CIO survey.
The administration of U.S. President Barack Obama on Monday launched a review of whether the country uses optimally advancements in technology to protect its national security while preventing unauthorized disclosure and maintaining public trust.
U.S. President Barack Obama will work with Congress to limit data collection by the National Security Agency under the Patriot Act and will appoint an independent board to review the country's surveillance programs, he said Friday.
Silent Circle also shuttered its encrypted email service a few hours after Lavabit shut down citing an ongoing legal battle.
Samsung Electronics faces the possibility of U.S. import bans on some of its smartphones in two separate cases brought by Apple, with major steps happening Friday.
U.S. government agencies are exploring new ways to provide incentives for private companies to invest more money in cybersecurity, President Barack Obama's administration has announced.
Internet companies and rights groups have criticized a new Internet law in Vietnam that will put curbs on bloggers and social media.
The Obama administration has vetoed a decision by the U.S. International Trade Commission to ban the import of certain Apple products to the U.S. on the grounds they infringed a Samsung Electronics technology patent.
Apple should end its existing e-book agreements with five major publishers and sign no new price-setting distribution contracts for five years under remedies for e-book price fixing proposed by the U.S. Department of Justice and 33 state attorneys ge...
Two U.S. senators have introduced legislation that would permanently extend a current moratorium on Internet access taxes in the country.
National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden has finally left the transit area of the Moscow airport, after Russia granted him temporary asylum, his lawyer told The Wall Street Journal.
A proposed change to U.S. law that would allow state attorneys general to hold websites liable for content posted by users is a "dangerous path," a group of tech trade groups and legal scholars said Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW