Negotiations have broken down between two Internet giants and U.S. government representatives over the companies' requests to publish information on the surveillance requests they receive, a Microsoft executive said Friday.
When it comes to tapping into U.S. telecommunications networks for surreptitious surveillance, the U.S. National Security Agency can't be accused of not paying its way.
The U.S. intelligence community is reportedly using a fifth of its US$52.6 billion annual budget to fund cryptography-related programs and operations.
The U.S. government has decided to release data annually on its secret spy orders and the number of people affected by them, the country's intelligence chief said Thursday.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
An Atlanta medical testing laboratory had billing information for more than 9,000 customers land on a peer-to-peer file-sharing network in 2008, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has alleged.
Facebook received more than 25,000 requests from governments about its users during the first half of 2013, with nearly half of those requests coming from U.S. law enforcement and related agencies, the company said.
Google has told Android developers that they can start offering free apps in Iran, while Apple has removed Iran from among the countries to which sales of its products are prohibited.
A new Vietnamese Internet law that will put curbs on the types of information that can be exchanged on blogs and social media was criticized on Monday by a 21-nation inter-governmental group.
A Bitcoin trade group met with representatives of several U.S government agencies Monday as regulators debate whether the online currency should comply with currency rules.
The U.S. National Security Agency reportedly cracked the encryption used by the video teleconferencing system at the United Nations headquarters in New York City.
Chinese police have detained two Internet users for allegedly starting online rumors that tried to defame government groups and a cultural icon in the nation.
A McAfee vice president and seasoned technology executive will head the Department of Homeland Security's cybersecurity office, the agency announced Monday.
The German Federal Ministry of Finance said on Monday that Bitcoin is not a full-fledged currency but that it is permissible to use it in private transactions.
China plans to bring gigabit Internet speeds to its major cities by 2020, part of its effort to expand broadband among households in the nation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant Applications & ServersACT
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCPerformance TesterVIC
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW