Computers at Japan's diplomatic offices abroad and its House of Representatives were infected by viruses during cyberattacks over the last several months, the country's top spokesman said.
Chinese authorities have started to detain Internet users for allegedly spreading online rumors, in its latest measure to control the country's social media sites.
An upcoming version of U.S. legislation designed to combat copyright infringement on the Web may include provisions that hold online services such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube legally responsible for infringing material posted by users, according...
As many as 5,000 workers at the U.S. Department of Energy's Idaho National Laboratory will be the latest government workers to start using Google Apps.
With hackers increasingly setting their sights on small businesses, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said Monday it will provide an online tool to help those businesses develop a cybersecurity strategy.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission members voted unanimously to approve an agreement that settles a privacy-violation complaint the agency leveled against Google over the company's Buzz microblogging and social networking service.
Civil liberties groups have broadly welcomed a resolution by the European Parliament's Industry Committee on Thursday that puts pressure on law-makers to come up with tougher rules in favor of net neutrality.
China on Thursday responded to U.S. concerns about its blocking of company websites, saying that China's Internet policies are open and clear. However, China said it objected to the U.S. exploiting the issue of Internet freedoms to interfere in its i...
The Office of U.S. Trade Representative has asked the Chinese government to explain its policies related to blocking some websites in an effort to gauge the impact on U.S. small businesses operating in China, the agency said Wednesday.
The U.S. Congress needs to pass legislation that would require law enforcement agencies to get permission from a judge before tracking suspects through their mobile phones, instead of the now-common practice of tracking a mobile subscriber's location...
A U.K. hacker fighting extradition to the U.S. may have lost one avenue for argument after an independent review panel concluded the U.K.-U.S. extradition treaty is not slanted against U.K. defendants.
Major U.S. mobile carriers will begin offering free usage alerts to customers in an effort to help them avoid surprise charges on their bills, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and a mobile trade group announced Monday.
The Institute for Science and International Security in Washington has used imagery from Google Earth to <a href="http://isis-online.org/isis-reports/detail/further-construction-progress-of-possible-new-military-uranium-enrichment-f/">arrive at the c...
The U.S. Department of Commerce will not explain why it is blocking Chinese company Huawei from participating in a project to build a national wireless network, citing security reasons, a department official said.
While representatives of the online advertising industry questioned whether new laws are needed to protect consumer privacy online, several U.S. lawmakers on Thursday called for new regulations targeting online tracking.
Latest News Articles
- EU questions Facebook competitors over WhatsApp deal
- LinkedIn tries again to keep people connected, with a redesigned app
- US lawmaker asks FTC to probe implications of Facebook 'big data' experiment
- TP-Link Archer D7 AC1750 Wireless Modem Router
- Google, Dropbox band together to fight patent trolls
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 5 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »
- FTTechnology Development DirectorNZ
- FTService Operations DirectorNZ
- CCeFinance Change ManagerNSW
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTHead of Service ExperienceNZ
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTRelationship/Partnerships ManagerNSW
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- CCL2 Technical Engineer - RightFaxVIC