Uber Technologies' new data collection policy, allowing the ride-hailing company to access a user's location even when the smartphone app is not actively in use, violates the privacy rights and personal safety of U.S. customers, according to a compla...
Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal has vetoed legislation that would provide for the pilot use of automatic license plate readers by law enforcement to identify stolen vehicles and uninsured motorists.
Marketers now face tougher restrictions on their use of "robocalls" and other automated telemarketing techniques thanks to a new set of declaratory rulings issued by the FCC on Thursday.
Hackers who breached a database containing highly personal information on government employees with security clearances had access to the system for about a year before being discovered, The Washington Post reported on Friday.
China is opening up its e-commerce market to more foreign investment, removing restrictions that limited investors to joint ventures with Chinese firms.
Lyft has agreed to pay the state of New York $300,000 to settle claims that it is running a for-hire livery service in violation of state and municipal laws.
The European Union faces a huge shortfall of qualified IT staff in Europe by 2020, prompting EU countries to redouble efforts to offer technology training.
A computer problem that has brought down a key State Department system for issuing visas and passports at U.S. embassies worldwide won't be fixed until at least next week.
Cisco plans to invest US$10 billion in China, although its sales in the country are slumping due in part to persistent security concerns surrounding U.S. technology.
In a decision that could have major implications for the way Uber does business in its home state, the California Labor Commission has ruled that a driver was an employee when she was driving for the company.
Two recently disclosed data breaches at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) could endanger national security and the lives of federal workers in intelligence or other sensitive jobs, according to some lawmakers.
The European Parliament's legal affairs committee is taking a strong stance against geo-blocking online content in a report on copyright reform that is largely in sync with the Commission, which is drafting new legislation intended to tackle issues t...
Nine privacy groups plan to withdraw from U.S. government-hosted negotiations to develop voluntary facial-recognition privacy standards because the groups feel the process won't lead to adequate privacy protections.
The EU Council has issued a long-awaited, hotly debated plan for online privacy, moving the EU's reform of data-protection laws closer to reality.
A consumer rights group wants the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to address growing online privacy concerns by requiring websites to honor do-no-track requests.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT