A U.S. House of Representatives committee failed to make the changes necessary to allay fears about government surveillance in a controversial cyberthreat sharing bill that's moving toward a House vote, critics said.
The European Commission confirmed on Thursday that it has formally received a package of concessions from Google aimed at ending a two-year antitrust investigation.
Legislation that would make it official U.S. policy to promote a global Internet "free from government control" could restrict the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from using its authority and prevent law enforcement agencies from taking action...
“Improving users' experience” is not justification for using consumer information in Big Data projects according to Europe's top data protection officials.
Rural telecom and broadband providers in the U.S. face big challenges in connecting their most remote customers, as the U.S. Federal Communications Commission transitions away from old telephone subsidies, a group of providers told lawmakers.
The President of the European Parliament has justified filtering 457,325 protest emails sent to Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) -- 106,771 of them from the same address -- as necessary in order to ensure the functioning of the Parliament's ...
A privacy watchdog has filed a lawsuit contending the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation has failed to provide requested technical information about a biometric identification database expected to be the largest in the world.
Apple may have apologized to Chinese consumers over its warranty policies, but regulators in the country signaled they would keep a close eye on the U.S. tech giant and its approach to customer service.
U.S. lawmakers want to make it clear that they're against a takeover of the Internet by the U.N.'s International Telecommunication Union and member governments.
A little-publicized provision in a U.S. government budget resolution that largely prohibits four agencies from using Chinese-made IT products could backfire, several tech trade groups said.
U.S. lawmakers need to make significant changes to a controversial cyberthreat information sharing bill because the legislation could be used to give federal intelligence agencies backdoor wiretapping powers, the Center for Democracy and Technology s...
The U.S. government agency leading an effort to create a voluntary cybersecurity framework for companies operating critical infrastructure wants to hear ideas about what to include in those standards.
Two people will share a US$50,000 prize from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission for the best idea to block illegal robocalls from reaching the owners of mobile and wired phones.
Apple CEO Tim Cook apologized to Chinese consumers over concerns about its warranty policies after government-run media attacked the company for its customer service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- FTHR Learning Management ExpertNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Automation) - Finance - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCProcess Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC