If you’ve shuddered at Transport for NSW and the police’s sinister new advert regarding Mobile Drug Testing, you’re not alone. There is strong evidence that the technology used to perform these tests does not identify driving impairment but acts ins...
A flurry of activity will follow the plan from U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as the foundation for new net neutrality rules.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
In-flight cellular in the U.S. may be closer to reality than some consumers realize, with foreign airlines poised to extend services they already offer elsewhere. But evidence from overseas suggests the odds of being trapped next to a chronic caller ...
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Anyone who dreads hearing one end of a loud phone call all the way from Anchorage to Miami, take heart: The plan to allow cellphones on planes could fail in more ways than an overbooked flight at a snowbound airport on Christmas Eve.
More than a month after it went live, a couple of large questions remain about the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched launch of HealthCare.gov.
It's difficult to predict how an appeals court will rule after it hears arguments Monday in Verizon Communication's challenge of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
Revelations over the U.S. National Security Agency's Prism surveillance program have much of the general public in uproar, but in terms of the controversy's impact to enterprise IT, some CIOs have measured, albeit watchful reactions.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds...
Sure, plenty of enterprise software projects go just fine and end up giving customers all the things vendors promise: lower operating costs, streamlined operations and happier users.
Students at a U.S. military graduate school in California are mining social media with new methods that may change the way the armed forces collect intelligence overseas.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia