"Information wants to be free," the saying goes. But what if the information in question consists of state secrets, copyrighted material or is simply something a government doesn't want its citizens to see?
government in pictures
A group of companies that allegedly promised mobile phone users supposedly free gift cards and electronic devices in a "massive" text-messaging spam operation will pay more than US$9 million to settle complaints from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility in order to achieve net neutrality, but take a "light touch" while doing it, a U.S. lawmaker said Wednesday.
Just after Apple's iCloud service faced a hacking attack from China, Apple CEO Tim Cook met with a Chinese official on Wednesday to discuss protecting users' privacy.
The digital domain will be an important focus for the new members of the European Union's executive branch, the European Commission, following their approval by the European Parliament on Wednesday.
Google and Facebook continued to pour millions of dollars into federal political lobbying in the third quarter in attempts to influence U.S. lawmakers and have legislation written in their favor.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
In-flight cellular in the U.S. may be closer to reality than some consumers realize, with foreign airlines poised to extend services they already offer elsewhere. But evidence from overseas suggests the odds of being trapped next to a chronic caller ...
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Anyone who dreads hearing one end of a loud phone call all the way from Anchorage to Miami, take heart: The plan to allow cellphones on planes could fail in more ways than an overbooked flight at a snowbound airport on Christmas Eve.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
- Progress builds up developer chops with Telerik buy
- IBM and Microsoft pledge to make their Clouds compatible
- Some Bank of America customers double-charged with Apple Pay
- Google to build Play-like hardware store for Project Ara
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW