The U.S. National Security Agency is attempting to build a new breed of supercomputer that theoretically could make short work of cracking most keys used for encrypted communications.
The U.S. National Security Agency was developing in 2008 a software implant for Apple iPhones that allowed the agency to take almost total control of the device, including retrieving text messages and voicemail and remotely turning on its microphone ...
French government and police officials requested 6,145 phone and data taps in 2012, fewer than in 2011, according to figures released by the French National Commission for the Control of Security Interceptions (CNCIS) earlier this week.
"A child born today will grow up with no conception of privacy at all," Edward Snowden warned Wednesday in a message broadcast to U.K. television viewers.
A prominent venture capitalist proposed on Monday a plan to split California into six new states, including one called "Silicon Valley" that would stretch from San Francisco to San Jose and include the entire region where many of the biggest tech com...
AT&T has joined Verizon Communications in promising to report on government requests for information about its customers, setting the stage for semiannual disclosures from both the dominant U.S. wireline carriers starting early next year.
LGS Innovations, a company formed during the Alcatel-Lucent merger to supply technology to the U.S. government, has been sold to a pair of U.S.-based investment companies for about US$200 million.
This year saw the completion of the city of Munich's switch to Linux, a move that began about ten years ago. "One of the biggest lessons learned was that you can't do such a project without continued political backing," said Peter Hofmann, the leader...
Verizon Communications will report on law-enforcement requests for information on its customers that it received in 2013, following similar moves that major online companies have made but rival AT&T has not.
Germany's new coalition government listed open source software among its IT policy priorities, and said it will take steps to protect its citizens against espionage threats from the NSA and other foreign intelligence agencies.
U.S. President Barack Obama, hoping to repair some of the damage wrought by the troubled Healthcare.gov site, will meet with executives from technology companies including Yahoo and Twitter on Tuesday.
Security concerns raised by Republican critics of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched rollout of HealthCare.gov have been overstated, according to a memo released Friday by two Democratic members of Congress.
Critics of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched deployment of HealthCare.gov can point to a series of management mistakes, but many observers point to a more systematic problem with government IT contracts.
Munich's switch to open-source software has been successfully completed, with the vast majority of the public administration's users now running its own version of Linux, city officials said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr Java Developer-JSP/Servlet,Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, RESTfulNSW
- CCSAP Project Manager- HR/Payroll- Finance Systems IntegrationNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC