A rush by President Barack Obama's administration to move U.S. government agencies to cloud computing services may lead to unintended security problems and other headaches, some lawmakers said Thursday.
India is closer to its much-touted target of a US$35 tablet, with DataWind, a wireless Web access products maker in Montreal, designing and making a device that it will sell to the government for $50.
Science Applications International (SAIC), a subcontractor and two former government employees will pay nearly US$22.7 million to resolve allegations that they rigged bids for a $3.2 billion supercomputing contract with the U.S. General Services Admi...
IBM has launched a system designed to help cities ease parking congestion and collect more parking fees, the company announced Wednesday. The service could also help motorists find parking spaces more easily in crowded urban areas.
A coastal region of Japan due for a major earthquake and possible tsunamis has implemented a cloud-based disaster management system run by <a href="http://salesforce.com">Salesforce.com</a>.
The European Union's General Affairs Council on Monday approved plans to establish a pan-European agency to manage its large-scale IT systems.
Ten years ago, on Sept. 11, terrorists crashed airplanes into the Twin Towers in New York, the Pentagon in northern Virginia and a field in rural Pennsylvania. In the scramble to respond to the terrorist attacks, multiple fire departments and other e...
Analysts at an Israeli company that infiltrates online forums to identify terrorists often claim responsibility for attacks to bolster their credibility, according to a recently-leaked cable from the U.S. Department of State.
Intel has formed a subsidiary charged with growing the company's business relationship with the U.S. government, with the new organization's initial focus on high-performance computing, the company said.
The state-run China Central Television network has yanked a video that inadvertently included a short clip of a cyber-attack tool targeting Falun Gong websites.
Amazon is stepping up the security and access features of its cloud services in an effort to attract more government agencies as customers.
The U.S. government will work to develop an "unrivaled" cybersecurity workforce and broaden the nation's pool of skilled cyberworkers under a draft cybersecurity education plan released Friday by a U.S. agency.
A Taiwanese political party suspects the Chinese government is behind a hacking attack that stole information about the party's election activities.
Based on a pilot project with the city of Portland, Oregon, IBM is offering a new services and software model to help municipal administrations predict the effects of policy choices.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has given awards to three computer science teams for application development or research that helps broadband customers measure the speed and performance of their service.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence - BI and ReportingQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA