A rush by President Barack Obama's administration to move U.S. government agencies to cloud computing services may lead to unintended security problems and other headaches, some lawmakers said Thursday.
India is closer to its much-touted target of a US$35 tablet, with DataWind, a wireless Web access products maker in Montreal, designing and making a device that it will sell to the government for $50.
Science Applications International (SAIC), a subcontractor and two former government employees will pay nearly US$22.7 million to resolve allegations that they rigged bids for a $3.2 billion supercomputing contract with the U.S. General Services Admi...
IBM has launched a system designed to help cities ease parking congestion and collect more parking fees, the company announced Wednesday. The service could also help motorists find parking spaces more easily in crowded urban areas.
A coastal region of Japan due for a major earthquake and possible tsunamis has implemented a cloud-based disaster management system run by <a href="http://salesforce.com">Salesforce.com</a>.
The European Union's General Affairs Council on Monday approved plans to establish a pan-European agency to manage its large-scale IT systems.
Ten years ago, on Sept. 11, terrorists crashed airplanes into the Twin Towers in New York, the Pentagon in northern Virginia and a field in rural Pennsylvania. In the scramble to respond to the terrorist attacks, multiple fire departments and other e...
Analysts at an Israeli company that infiltrates online forums to identify terrorists often claim responsibility for attacks to bolster their credibility, according to a recently-leaked cable from the U.S. Department of State.
Intel has formed a subsidiary charged with growing the company's business relationship with the U.S. government, with the new organization's initial focus on high-performance computing, the company said.
The state-run China Central Television network has yanked a video that inadvertently included a short clip of a cyber-attack tool targeting Falun Gong websites.
Amazon is stepping up the security and access features of its cloud services in an effort to attract more government agencies as customers.
The U.S. government will work to develop an "unrivaled" cybersecurity workforce and broaden the nation's pool of skilled cyberworkers under a draft cybersecurity education plan released Friday by a U.S. agency.
A Taiwanese political party suspects the Chinese government is behind a hacking attack that stole information about the party's election activities.
Based on a pilot project with the city of Portland, Oregon, IBM is offering a new services and software model to help municipal administrations predict the effects of policy choices.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has given awards to three computer science teams for application development or research that helps broadband customers measure the speed and performance of their service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC