Google DeepMind's AlphaGo was defeated Sunday by Lee Se-dol, the South Korean player that the program had defeated in three consecutive games, thus stymieing the AI system's prospects of equaling a 5-0 win against an European Go champion in October.
A new app called nEmesis uses machine learning to help stop the spread of foodborne illnesses.
When IBM's Deep Blue beat chess champion Garry Kasparov back in 1997, the world was agog over AI's potential. This week, Google DeepMind's AlphaGo system will face an even tougher test in a series of matches against a top-ranked master in the ancient...
Google is turning to a group of partners to create new templates for its Google Docs productivity suite to help users create book reports, lesson plans, business budgets and startup pitch decks.
Alphabet chairman Eric Schmidt will head a new DOD advisory board aimed at helping the U.S. military forge closer ties with Silicon Valley.
Google announced a set of improvements for Gmail for Work's digital loss prevention feature on Monday, signaling a continued commitment to protecting companies that want to make sure their employees aren't sharing confidential information.
Google is now letting Inbox users put their emails off until later in the week, or on the weekend with a couple taps.
Neural networks are often used for image recognition, but it turns out they can create some pretty incredible images as well.
Google said it will alert users in their search results page to corresponding webpages that have been optimized to run fast on smartphones and tablets.
Last year, Google introduced a Voice Typing feature for the desktop Web version of its Docs word processing software that let users dictate their documents. Now, it's getting upgraded with the ability to let people control document formatting with ju...
With more people using email on their phones, Google has finally added two key editing and calendar features to its Gmail app for Android.
Google launched the open beta for its Cloud Vision service on Thursday, giving developers a new way to make intelligent apps that handle a variety of images.
Google announced the general availability of Custom Machine Types for its Compute Engine infrastructure-as-a-service offering on Wednesday, giving developers a chance to design their own compute instances to meet particular performance requirements.
A buffer-overflow vulnerability uncovered Tuesday in the GNU C Library poses a serious threat to countless Linux users.
Google has prevailed in a court case filed against it by U.K.-based online mapping company Streetmap alleging anticompetitive behavior.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 16 TV buying tips that salespeople won’t tell you about
- Corded headphones can now be wireless with Griffin's iTrip Clip Bluetooth adapter
- The Warlock of Firetop Mountain review: Another 1980s sword-and-board adapted for the modern era
- Google's new Crowdsource app wants human help for better translations and Maps info
- Google quietly discontinues the Chromebook Pixel 2
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCDesktop Support (Contract Renewable)Asia