The malicious code that led Google to remove more than 50 Trojan applications from the Android Marketplace appears to mainly be a "dropper" -- a program designed to load other code to further compromise the affected smartphone, according to a securit...
Google has acquired an Irish company for technology that will allow YouTube to automatically improve the quality of videos stored on the site.
Google on Tuesday invited Windows Phone 7 application developers to start using its AdMob advertising platform.
The National Federation of the Blind claims that Google Apps lacks required features for blind people and wants the U.S. government to investigate whether schools that adopt the e-mail and collaboration suite run afoul of civil rights laws.
Google will start letting Apps administrators delay the delivery of upgrades to their domains to give them a chance to prepare themselves and their users for interface or functionality changes.
Swiftly following Microsoft's release of Internet Explorer 9, Google has issued a plug-in for the new browser that allows users to play videos in Google's WebM video file format.
If you're following the rumor mill about whether Google is going to release a social network of its own, your head may be spinning.
Although the x86 architecture is as dominant as ever in the server and desktop space, there's a small number of people rooting for ARM chips to move in on the territory.
Microsoft's Bing search engine is on the rise, while Google's still-dominant market share has dropped to about two-thirds of all U.S. searches, according to new data from Experian Hitwise.
Adobe's Flash Player 10.2 for Google Android devices will be available March 18, offering preliminary support for Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablets, such as the Motorola Xoom, Adobe said on Friday.
Chinese Internet users have reported greater difficulty accessing Gmail in recent weeks, prompting speculation that the Chinese government is again stepping up its efforts to control the flow of information on the Web.
An Internet Explorer flaw made public by a Google security researcher two months ago is now being used in online attacks.
Software development company MasterObjects sued Amazon and Google this week, charging the companies with infringing on a patent for technology that presents possible complete search terms as users type in a search bar.
A U.S. Senate subcommittee focused on antitrust and consumer-protection issues will investigate competition in the search-engine and broadband markets over the next two years, the subcommittee chairman announced.
The battle of the browsers is heating up this week, with Microsoft announcing a ship date for the final version of Internet Explorer 9, Firefox launching the release candidate of Firefox 4 and Google releasing Chrome 10.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCProject ManagerWA
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- CCTechnical AnalystACT