Google has invested in a wind farm in Oklahoma to help offset the environmental impact of its data centers, even as Greenpeace stepped up its criticism of big Internet companies for using "dirty power" that contributes to global warming.
You may not think you've got much in common with an investigative journalist or an academic medical researcher. But if you're trying to extract useful information from an ever-increasing inflow of data, you'll likely find visualization useful - wheth...
Federal Trade Commission Chairman Jon Liebowitz this week singled out Google for not adopting "Do Not Track," the privacy feature that lets consumers opt out of online tracking by Web sites and advertisers.
The judge hearing Oracle's Java patent lawsuit against Google hopes to get the case wrapped up before the end of November, he said Wednesday, but it won't help his cause that the U.S. patent office has agreed to reexamine Oracle's patents in the case...
Microsoft said on Wednesday that its BPOS-Federal service has received an important certification that allows federal organizations to use the service.
Google will open up to third parties its digital maps infrastructure so that enterprise organizations can use it to store and serve up geospatial data to their end users.
Google Map Maker was released almost three years ago, allowing users in 183 countries to modify the online maps we've become reliant upon. Now Google has extended the reach of Map Maker to include the United States and added new features such as stre...
Now that the public beta has begun, I've had a little time to evaluate Office 365, and it's been an interesting experience. I run a small business and am already a Google Apps for Business user, so am I tempted to make the switch?
Have you heard the news? Despite every analysis we've seen over the past two years about Android dominating the mobile market, Apple's iOS is the biggest mobile operating system by a landslide.
Facebook, HP, Rackspace, Juniper, Fujitsu and dozens of other organizations have joined a group building a defensive patent portfolio to protect Linux-using members from potential lawsuits.
Novell is porting Moonlight, an open source version of Microsoft's Silverlight rich Internet application plug-in software, to Google's Android mobile platform, a Novell official acknowledged on Tuesday afternoon.
Microsoft today released a pair of security advisories for Chrome, the browser built by rival Google.
Google's <a href="http://mapmaker.google.com">Map Maker</a>, an online application that lets people annotate and add cartographic drawings to Google Maps, is finally available for the U.S., after debuting in 183 countries since its launch in 2008.
Google Video has been circling the drain for way too long. Good thing Google is finally pulling the plug.
Google brushed aside an anti-competition claim in South Korea on Monday, saying mobile carriers and phone manufacturers (OEMs) can decide what to install on the Android phones they sell or make.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft tries to expel Chromebooks from schools with Intune app and low-cost PCs
- If we show you how to back up your PC for free, will you finally do it?
- How to create Live Tiles for your Steam games in Windows
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPSenior Business Process analyst - Major Optimisation projectNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW