Microsoft is recognizing enterprise realities with its new accommodations for rivals' smartphones in an upcoming version of System Center Configuration Manager, an industry analyst said on Thursday.
China's latest efforts at tightening its control over the Internet -- including the blocking of Gmail and Web software that can bypass the censorship -- have hampered the work of human rights activists, say groups based in the U.S.
Google has launched its own quarterly online magazine, Think Quarterly, out of its operations in the U.K. and Ireland, saying that "in a world of accelerating change, we all need to take time to reflect."
Yahoo today unveiled Yahoo Search Direct, a new feature similar to Google Instant that shows search results as you type. The benefit to you: Less typing, fewer clicks, and (hopefully) faster results.
AVG has launched AVG Mobilation for Android which the company is promoting as the world's first security app specifically designed for Android tablets.
Makers of applications that locate drunk-driving checkpoints are misunderstood, defenders said Wednesday, a day after four U.S. senators called for smartphone makers to pull applications from their services.
Iran may have been involved in an attack that resulted in hackers' acquiring bogus digital certificates for some of the Web's biggest sites, including Google and Gmail, Microsoft, Skype and Yahoo, a certificate issuing firm said today.
A lot has changed in the browser universe since Firefox 3.0 launched in June 2008. Google Chrome burst onto the scene, and has undergone frequent updates since then. Microsoft released IE 8 and IE 9. Safari advanced from version 3 then to version 5 n...
In the wake of Internet blackouts in Egypt and Libya, Google has announced it is awarding at least $1 million to Georgia Tech researchers working on tools that will immediately reveal when governments are trying to shut down or censor use of the Inte...
The first three weeks of Google's Getting Aussie Business Online initiative, in partnership with accounting software company MYOB, have seen 4100 businesses take up the offer of a year's free Web site services. Businesses get two years' free .com.au ...
Google, Facebook and Microsoft are among the heavy hitters of the tech industry that have teamed up to support a new, cloud-focused initiative called Software-Defined Networking (SDN).
A proposed agreement drafted by Google, authors and publishers to settle their yearslong copyright litigation has been rejected, a major setback to Google's ambitious plans to build a massive marketplace and library for digital books.
Google won a civil lawsuit in Germany lodged by a woman who contended its roving camera cars that shoot photographs for Street View violated her privacy.
Google took a slap at Microsoft on Tuesday, saying the software giant's patent lawsuit against bookseller Barnes & Noble's Android-based e-reader stifles innovation.
Rumor has it that tomorrow may be the day that Amazon launches its own proprietary Android app store. The increased exposure from an online retail juggernaut like Amazon will be nice, but--more importantly--the Amazon app store will fix what's broken...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW