Microsoft is positioning its Windows Azure cloud service as a platform to provide back-end services for mobile devices, including Apple's iOS and Google's Android.
Google took another step toward the enterprise this week when executives unveiled the "Chromebook," a notebook PC that could boost both its new operating system and cloud apps.
There is no shortage of criticism about the cloud, about its lack of interoperability, fear of vendor lock-in as well as the security risks.
One of the problems with the marketability of the Chromebook -- that it only functions when connected to the Internet -- is also a misunderstanding. Google's Chrome OS doesn't have any locally installed apps like a word processor or spreadsheet manag...
Google Music service has only been in existence for a matter of days, and it's already the target of scams and spams. In all cases however, any claims of free music or access to the site is false, Google says.
When it comes to deploying Microsoft Office alternatives such as Google Apps, Zoho or Lotus Symphony, enterprise IT managers are in a state of intense curiosity but are still not ready for widespread adoption, according to a new Forrester research re...
Google today jumped the gun by updating its Chrome browser with a new version of Flash Player that Adobe won't release until later today.
Google made an interesting hardware-as-a-service proposition to businesses Wednesday with the introduction of the Chromebook. The Web-centric and laptop-like device will launch next month with support from vendor partners Samsung and Acer.
Thanks to an anti-Google smear campaign ordered by Facebook and carried out by a PR agency, the relationship between Facebook and Google is unquestionably broken beyond repair. And that's bad news for users of both services.
Facebook has been caught hiring a well-known PR firm to plant anti-Google stories in the media.
The U.S. Department of Justice has been investigating Google for accepting ads for illegal online prescription-drug sales, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal on Thursday.
Google is trying to recruit college students who used the company's Apps for Education suite in school to become evangelists for the business version of the product as they move on to the workplace.
Thirty-five percent of Android and iPhone owners in the U.S. use apps such as Facebook on their smartphone before even getting out of bed, according to a survey conducted by telecommunications equipment vendor Ericsson.</a>
Google spent much of the second day of the Google I/O event focused on the Chrome OS and the unveiling the upcoming Chromebook computers. The Web-centric netbooks are an ambitious attempt to fundamentally change the way people compute, and could poss...
Google co-founder Sergey Brin said Windows and other traditional PC operating systems are "torturing users" at Google's Chrome OS launch event Wednesday, where the company claimed 75 per cent of business users can be converted from Windows to Chrome ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW