Research in Motion says its two-year-old BlackBerry App World has crossed the 1 billion app download mark and that a beta version of the app store upgrade is on the way.
It "appears possible" that Google knew that its Android mobile operating system would violate Java patents held by Oracle, but decided to go ahead with the effort anyway, the judge overseeing the companies' intellectual property lawsuit said in a let...
It became standard procedure in recent years for Internet companies to launch early test versions of their newest services with hooks for external developers, but Google is bucking that trend with its Google+ social network.
The Google+ social networking site malfunctioned this weekend, spamming its users with repeated notifications via e-mail.
Google has agreed to send its chairman, Eric Schmidt, to testify in front of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee's Antitrust Subcommittee, which is investigating competition issues in Internet search.
After major privacy failures in its Buzz and Street View services, Google has hit the right notes with its deliberate, measured roll out of its new Google+ social networking site, according to privacy experts.
Oracle this week filed what is likely the first of several requests that the patent office reconsider its initial rejection of a patent relevant to Oracle's legal dispute with Google.
The two-week stock market rally in technology, among other sectors of the economy, came to a screeching halt Friday as the U.S. Bureau of Labor issued its monthly jobs survey.
Google's other social networking site, Orkut, which has been around for about seven years and has tens of millions of users worldwide, will continue to operate alongside the new Google+ for now.
News Corp. will close its weekly U.K. newspaper News of the World amid allegations that the tabloid hacked into the mobile voicemail accounts of celebrities, the British royal family, and crime victims.
The business world is littered with examples of companies that failed to identify and enter new markets (think Blockbuster). And then there are those that do well in their core market, but because that area grows less relevant over time the companies...
Will handset makers maintain their dedication to Android if they have to pay to license it? That's the question experts following Google's battle with Oracle are asking, and some of them think the answer is no.
Most Android tablets currently on the market appear to scream "me too". Samsung appears to be trying to change these similarities with its upcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Google's new social networking site Google+, built to beat Facebook primarily on privacy features, has several privacy bugs the company is working to fix.
Wish you were on Google's new social networking service, Google+?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject Manager - Location Management Program - TelcoVIC
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD